3800 Removing and installing m90

I

imported_snoop

i've reused a couple gaskets before. it just depends on how long its been since the huffer has been off. thats all(but i HIGHLY recommend getting new ones though). as far as a write up goes, its pretty simple. first you disconnet the fuel lines, then unplug all necessary wiring. then take the 4 bolts out that hold down the rail and pull the fuel rail off with a somewhat gentle tug(o-ringed). take the belt off. then take out all the bolts around the blower, one in the snout, and one by the TB. after that, disconnect the intake from the throttle body. no need to take the TB off though. after the intake is disconnect from the TB, just pull up. pending how long its been on there, dont be a sissy about it. or just give it a good wack at the snout and that should brake it loose. and your done. all that should take you about maybe 10 mins ;)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Diavolo@Sep 13 2004, 11:58 PM
well, I am mostly worried about getting the fuel lines off. Never done it before.
That's one of the easiest parts. Just unbolt them and they are off. :)

If you want to remove the supply and return lines you'll need to purchase a set of slip rings to remove the fittings. These will be available from most auto parts stores for around $10.00 a set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info