3800 TOughest pulley install ever!!!!!

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
I had a member try to take my 3.4 pulley off last night and we were unsucsesfull.

He has done it on his car numerous times very easily. We tried with all of our might and all we did was strip the internal threads on the tools main stud.

The pulley was on the car when I bought it. Its got about 50k on it. Probley on of the original pulleys available at the time.

Any clue as to how to get it off better? the 3.4 is 2 slow for me these days....I need my 3.2 on....heh.........

Alex or bumpin lets schedual a time to get this MF off...... :(

I

imported_Ron Vogel

There is a mod day at Miller's tomorrow. And...I borrowed a pulley tool to change my pulley last time to a MPS. I let the car sit overnight, so it was completely cooled down before I attempted it. If the car was the slightest bit warm, it can be a struggle to get it off. Don't forget to bake the new hub in the oven for at least 1/2 hour before you try to install.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Royals. I will be at millers all day tomorrow. and will be doing some installs. please stop by and I will look at it for you..also let the car sit for a while or ice the shaft down..

The cooler the car is the easier it will be to remove.

Swing by tmorrow and bring a bag of ice..:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info