3800 Raced a WS6 this morning

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Normally I don't do street racing, but...I hit a red light with a newer WS6 (prolly a 2001/2002) had a Corsa exhaust on it, but that's all I could see. Light goes green, we both pop off the line and don't go to WOT untill 10-15mph. Had a fender on him most of the way, up till about 60, then pulled a car on him. We were coming up on a Ford ranger in his lane, and mine was open. We were already doing about 80, so I started to back off so he can swing around the ranger before he hits it. What does this guy do? He goes into oncoming traffic to pass the truck. He must of thought I was still racing him; what an idiot! I guess he didn't like me beating him, he was trying hard too, should have heard him chirping the tires between shifts (6 speed), definately powershifting it. Put a nice grin on my face on the way to work.

BLK00GTP

Regular
Jan 20, 2009
Schaumburg
You must be fast than a 13.40 then. The ws6 should be doing low low low 13's. Most of the guys that have the 6spds dont know how to drive.

Good Kill. I wanted my GTP to kill a few f bodies but i sold it and ended up getting one lol. Nice kill. BTW are you guys doing a track day at byron before the end of the season?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I hope to have one more track day. It sounds about right where I think I am. Seat of the pants with good air the car should be 13.1/.2's. I may switch back on the 2.8 pulley, but I need a shorter belt, or a bigger idler pulley. Even with the 3.0 it's slipping like crazy; and I filed grooves in the pulley for belt traction. You can hear the squeal from the belt above 4500 rpm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info