3800 What do you do when your stress hits the wall.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Well im a fairly laid back and relax person for the most part. I dont usually get stressed out....practically ever. But its hitting hard this semester. With 17 credits, homework due weekly in every class, and a part time job, i can feel my shoulders tightening. This next week I have two test, a quiz, and three hw assignments due, while I also have to put my car back together, so I can drive home that weekend to see my girl. Not to mention that I dont even leave campus till after 10pm on the average night.

I usually do a little mind over muscle relaxation when im laying in bed that usually ends up knocking me out. Do any of you guys/girls do anything?

My other favorite relaxation technique is tearing through the gears and curves in the gtp. But that hasnt been possible in over a week...im having withdrawal.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
I actually do think im going to have to use liquid muscle relaxers this next weekend. A buddy of mine is turning 21 on thursday, so we will have to test out his new found freedom :drunk: :drunk: :beer: :cheers: :blow:

IKON1b36b0f35a35003966013f8fff33e5a9f3a2f97130.gif

sgtp

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
shit, this is a car forum and not a single post saying going for a drive relieved the stress..... I needed some relief the other night so hopped in the gs and teared ass around chicago breaking varoius traffic laws. Theres nothing like replacing stress with adrenaline with a little aggresive driving

one thing I noticed after a while was every cab I lined up with after hitting the surface streets seemed to want to race. I taunted one and got him to squeal the tires past me, while he had passengers in the back. I thought that was kinda funny................

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The big problem is that everything needs to happen fast, and you only go one speed. Frustration sets in, and you get stressed. As unpopular as it is to say this, drinking makes it worse. Go sit somewhere and slow down, look at something that is trivial and study it like when you were a kid. It really helps to forget all the dead lines you have. Drinking, only takes time away from the crap you have to do, and the hangover time is totally a waste. I like to go fishing when I'm stressed. I don't even need to catch anything, I just go somewhere nice and kick back for a bit.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by iliveonnitro@Sep 10 2004, 08:52 AM
I'm glad to see no one here is an alcoholic...

Talking about your problems is sort of a stress reliever, also. You're already practicing some methods, I see.

Other than that, Bacardi-O with some V8... :)
Alcoholics admit they have problems. :lolsign:

Besides, Ive had no reason to hit that bottle in awhile, and the reason I did before was retarded.

HAPPY ALEX!!! I SAID IT!!! :lolsign:

I

imported_Theautoguy

I kick the dogs and yell at the wife and then blame it all on my boss!

Seriously though, I make the time to disappear into the garage and do anything I can think of to the cars, wether it's detailing, repairs or modding. It ALWAYS works for me!

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
OK a bunc of different things.....so I guess these are my options

Drink
Smoke
Breathe
take prescription drugs
drive car
listen to music
go fishing
do one thing at a time and take medication
work on the car
beat up a punching back...which i happen to have downstairs
driving range
OR knock up my gf, wait 9 months and play with my kids.... :D

Thats a lot of different suggestions, I cant afford half of them right now, but hopefully Miss TGP and I will get some quality time together this week ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info