3800 Regal in distress

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Well to make a long story short, my friends 1998 Regal LS (N/A 3800 Series 2 w/13,4##mi) needed to be taken into the shop for leaking brake lines. The brake lines that were leaking, and we are unsure which ones exactly, but they were on the drivers side near the rear subframe mount, where 4 lines are.

They took it to some place on Western is all I know about its where abouts right now. The guy said they needed to replace some brake lines, and some fuel lines also needed to be replaced. Now they recieved a call stating "the car cannot be fixed, because there are no parts to fix it" they also said the guy said that he also called Buick. My friends parents are the owners of it, but the car was going to end up being my friends (17yo), and with such low mileage and in practically flawless condition, he is distraught.

Now can this be possible that there are NO parts and the car just cannot "live on"? I mean I told him to have his parents tow it back if they wont drive it, and I'll see what you guys have to say.

Before this nothing has ever been wrong with the car, yes it does have extremely low mileage, and I can see why the brake lines went, probably a rotted seal, but the gas lines, and it cannot be fixed?! The car never smelled like gas at all, and is pretty much driveable, minus the leaking brakes, but the leak is slow.

Any help would be great.

Nick S.

P.S. They are going to call Rizzo chevrolet where they bought the car...

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
You could replace the brake lines hell they even made steel brake lines for our cars so how could this not be repaired or replaced. As for the fuel lines you could also replace these and like the previous post they do have repair kits. I say just get the car back and take it some where else hell those guys don't know what they are doing and I wouldn't trust them with my car.

Leo

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
Car makers have to leaglly make parts for cars up to 10yrs old. Dont tell me there isnt anotther part in the world for it. The car was made in production with about 3,000 others. they have more parts. the place you took it to sounds like a mom and pop shop. I dont trust them, they do BAD BAD work. If all else fails, have the car towed to a dealership that works on GM's. they can have the parts to fix anything on thye car in less than a day. or you could go a cheap route of a junkyard..or something like that. Trust me...there are aa lot of parts out for the cars. take it to the dealership. they can get the parts.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
He said that it was a fuel line with alot of bends in it, im just relaying this message from a friend. They will be taking it into the Rizzo Chevy dealer they bought it from. I figured that it could be fixed, I never heard of such a thing. Thanks Guys i'll show him this proving the car can be fixed, and make him feel better. ;) The down side is if he was to trade it in for another car we were gonna swap my polished aluminum with his chrome 9 spokers. oh well. :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info