3800 Water CPU cooling

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm looking at this Zalman unit, but I'm open to suggestions. Basically my studio computer gets pounded on for hours on end (some mixes may last 10 hours), so WC is the way to go. Besides how quiet it is; right now I have a copper heatsink with a 120mm fan on it and it sounds like a jet engine idling. Anybody with experience here is invited to chime in.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
Don't water cool
bad idea

I have computers that get pounded with Video editing for days at a time.. and never have any overheating problems.. make sure you are using a certified heatsink..

chances are.. if you bought one that is all fancy.. it doesn't work great..

A correctly running, and clocked machine.. should work 24 hours a day for weeks, without any problems even if you are beating on it.

John

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Athlon 2400 OC'd to 2.2 gig, so not OC'd too much. I'm looking for long term running, and silent operation. It's far too loud to have it anywhere in the studio right now. The only other option for me is to make a little housing to cover it, and it's so pretty that I don't want to do that. I had to scavenge stuff out of this machine to get my wife's computer up and running, and it's been sitting since January with no memory, and no video card. So I just got a FX5200 VC w/128m of DDR, plus a gig of DDR ram for the MB. While I have my attention focused on it right now, I better look at cooling solutions. I'm starting the major framing for the studio in the next few weeks, and need to know where everything is going first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list