3800 next mod

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Go for the headers. Honestly, don't get an IC for awhile. If you want to make power get a GEN 5 SC instead. I'm kicking myself for getting the IC. For the $800 or so I have in it, I could have had a GEN V blower and made more power. I'm still going to get the new SC, but I'll eventually need to sell my IC. The IC is just a band-aid to help out our crappy blowers. You can make good reliable power with a Gen 5 and a mild cam (like 12.6-12.8) add heads to the mix (12.3-12.5) and a stall/upgraded gearing (12.0-12.3)

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Sep 8 2004, 03:19 PM
Go for the headers. Honestly, don't get an IC for awhile. If you want to make power get a GEN 5 SC instead. I'm kicking myself for getting the IC. For the $800 or so I have in it, I could have had a GEN V blower and made more power. I'm still going to get the new SC, but I'll eventually need to sell my IC. The IC is just a band-aid to help out our crappy blowers. You can make good reliable power with a Gen 5 and a mild cam (like 12.6-12.8) add heads to the mix (12.3-12.5) and a stall/upgraded gearing (12.0-12.3)
Hey Ron where could you get a Gen 5 SC and is it a direct bolt on in replacement of our Gen 3 SC?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

They pop up once in awhile, or talk to Ed Morad, he may have one. They will bolt on to a previous gen manifold, but the outlet doesn't line up without trimming the intake manifold. The Gen 5 manifold bolts right up. The TB has different mounting studs and an adapter needs to be used for it, the Gen 5 TB is servo controlled so it won't work. I'm going to be adapting a gen 5 TB to work with the prev gen, but it will be a while. I've seen the Gen 5 SC anywhere from $400-900.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
The IC is just a band-aid to help out our crappy blowers.

Well, I wouldnt go that far in saying it's a band aid. The IC (with pulley) got you from 14's to 13.4, right? ;)

What I've noticed is that people going to GenV STILL want to IC.

If you're getting the coated SS, might as well go with SLP - imo.
And don't forget your final cost for what you want to spend. The IC kit will have everything you need but the headers might need welding work, etc.

J.E.T.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Sep 8 2004, 04:45 PM
The IC is just a band-aid to help out our crappy blowers.

Well, I wouldnt go that far in saying it's a band aid. The IC (with pulley) got you from 14's to 13.4, right? ;)

What I've noticed is that people going to GenV STILL want to IC.

If you're getting the coated SS, might as well go with SLP - imo.
And don't forget your final cost for what you want to spend. The IC kit will have everything you need but the headers might need welding work, etc.

J.E.T.
My best before the IC was 13.73, only down to 13.4, but it will do better. I had some TPS and MAF problems, but I think it's sorted out. My wiring was in really bad shape. I think on a good day with the 3.0 it'll run 13.1/.2. Why I say it's a band aid; is that to get good flow out of the SC, you have to spin it past it's effciency point, to where it's pumping out hot air. It's pulling power from the crank to do this, and you have to IC it just to keep the temps down. You may be making more HP by spinning the M90 fast, but how much of that power are you loosing to run it...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info