3800 New HOOD PICS! Updated! Again!

evastos

Regular
Sep 1, 2008
Chicago
Looking good... Hey where did you learn how to paint? How much was your equipment? Is it really that difficult to mix the paint as they say it is? Ive been spray painting car models, bikes and other small things like that and I've always done excellent job on those small things. I'm also willing to practice on my moms car and other family members. What do you think.....

Originally posted by evastos@Sep 7 2004, 06:39 AM
Looking good... Hey where did you learn how to paint? How much was your equipment? Is it really that difficult to mix the paint as they say it is? Ive been spray painting car models, bikes and other small things like that and I've always done excellent job on those small things. I'm also willing to practice on my moms car and other family members. What do you think.....
Ive been painting at a body shop for five years and i still dont know everything. Its not hard to spray you just need the right equipment and an experienced tech to show you how. Ideally you should learn in a shop like i did as an apprentice and i got the experience from 4 other painters. Anyone can spray black or any soild color, its when you get metallics and pearls that you really need to know what your doing, i deal with blending colors to match already exsiting panels and it can be a pain in the ass sometime. Also when you clearcoat a job you need to know how to buff it all smooth. Im not trying to seem cocky but i know my stuff and learning in a garage can be difficult to do it right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info