3800 Weird Issue

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
I had a very weird issue with my car last night, hoping maybe you guys could give me some insight.

I was on I-355 last night dropping off some people from a wedding we had just attended. I turned on the air conditioner since it was alittle humid at the time, when all of a sudden my car started jerking and bucking abit. The rpms were moving between 1500 and 2000 rpms, like it was trying to get into overdrive but couldnt (I was doing around 55-60 at the time). I turned off the air immediately but it kept on bucking/surging alittle. When I got to their house I turned the car off for about 15-20 minutes, and then I started my jouney home. The car was fine until maybe about 20 minutes when it started doing the bucking and jerking, this was ONLY happening if I was doing 40mph or above. When I went to go make a left turn onto La Grange Rd the car just died on me, and the battery light was on! I pulled the car into a gas station and popped the hood, looked everywhere but didnt see anything out of the ordinary, went back in and tried to start her up and she started on the first try! I was like WTF?

So I started driving again, and it was doing the bucking and jerking at 40mph but only when I was lightly accelerating (car was still in overdrive). I throw the car in 3rd and the car drives fine all the way home...

So this morning I went out and checked the tranny fluid and unplugged the battery for 10-15 minutes to reset the DHP. The tranny fluid was full and fluid looked normal and did not smell burnt. I drove the car to work today to see how she would feel and it didnt buck/jerk the whole time, even when I was in overdrive.

So Im just wondering, what the heck happened? Is that a sign that my tranny is ready to caput? Or maybe its something to do with my downpipe/cat issue? If it is the tranny I am really curious why it would caput like that, as I really baby my car and rarely, I mean RARELY ever get on it...

Thanks for any insight,

Joel

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by Diavolo@Sep 7 2004, 06:32 AM
Check spark plug's and wires. I had a problem of the car bucking under light acceleration, but was find while cruising. Turned out my #6 wire melted on my header.
Thanks man, I will check it out. I hope I didnt foul out those 103's already, I've probably only had them on for about a thousand miles or so <_<

So far the car has been driving normal again, no problems so far. So we'll see...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list