3800 DHP and Jim's Downpipe Help Needed

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Hey guys, I have a couple things I need to know.

First, will my 98 DHP work on a 2000 GTP. If not, why? And Charles if you read this...Please get back to me on my PM. I understand your busy, but will be looking for other options soon, if I cant get a response.

Also, will anyone be getting Jims downpipe installed soon? My brother is in the market for an upgraded downpipe. I was hoping if someone else was going to take their car in, then Jim could just make two at that time, and one of them be sent down to my brother. Otherwise its a 2.5 - 3 hr drive for him. A lil extra sumtin sumtin would be given to the person for their time ;)

Let me know guys, thanx.

ThePizzaGXP

5.3 liters of stockness
Dec 17, 2008
Carpentersville, IL
I have one of his DP's I took off to install my headers. It's got a 3 bolt flange on the cat side of it, so you'd have to have a shop do some pre-cat fabbing by adding a 2" or so section of 3" pipe, and another flange. Or, run no cat, and just use the bolt-in race pipe section I had him make, too.

I only had it on my car for about 5k miles, I think.

ThePizzaGXP

5.3 liters of stockness
Dec 17, 2008
Carpentersville, IL
Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Sep 7 2004, 11:06 AM
So let me see if I got it.

There is a flange at the factory downpip place, then the bend, then a flange before where the cat would be, then a pipe with flanges on both sides going to the rest of the cat back?

Sorry, just having a hard time picturing it.
Correctamundo. B) As is, with the race pipe, it'll bolt right up to the factory everything. If you wanna use a cat, you'd have to have a flange welded in front of the cat to mate up with the one Jim put on the dp, giving me a removable cat section.

I can take some pics if you want. - lemme know. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list