3800 got my 42.5# injectors in and went tuning with min

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@Sep 5 2004, 11:25 PM
Is it running rich at idle though? I am close to static with the stock injectors, but I don't want the problems typically associated with larger injectors.
I believe you can have you PCM custom burned with fuel grafs...I believe this would be the best way to go. Mini A/F's are ok; for big squirters they are (too me) a temporary solution untill you can address the PCM.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by rob+Sep 6 2004, 12:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rob @ Sep 6 2004, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mike K@Sep 5 2004, 11:25 PM
Is it running rich at idle though?  I am close to static with the stock injectors, but I don't want the problems typically associated with larger injectors.
I believe you can have you PCM custom burned with fuel grafs...I believe this would be the best way to go. Mini A/F's are ok; for big squirters they are (too me) a temporary solution untill you can address the PCM. [/b][/quote]
Rob, this was my thought. Compensating for fuel injectors via a modified MAF table scares me a little. I'm sure that DHP tuner will suit me well. What I'm most concerned about is how "leaky" these are at idle.

Do you plan on tuning them anymore Mike or is this as dialed in as you are going to get?

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@Sep 6 2004, 12:28 PM

Rob, this was my thought. Compensating for fuel injectors via a modified MAF table scares me a little. I'm sure that DHP tuner will suit me well. What I'm most concerned about is how "leaky" these are at idle.

You said that before Mike. So the larger pinicals dont perform well at idle. Its alot of fuel being passed per opening. I got the 60# Delphis. You can look at it this way. It is an uncommonly large injector. I guess I can live with the rich idle as long as it performs well at speed.

I also OHMed those Delphis and compared them to the stock impeadence. I was surprised to see the resistance was the same...12.4-12.5. I thought I was going too see 14-16 on the delphi's...So I think they are going to perform well once tunned in.

Remember Ron's post.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list