3800 Mustang GT

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
I set this up a week ago. I just moved here ad dont know the spots yet. I followed the GT out into well a country road. Drive up thhe road to look for cops and then go back and line up. We shoulda lined up pfurther back..but what can ya do.

We bothh get a good launch, and I pull off the bat...but his front bumper was at my back. good race...HUD says 95....which is my quarter mile. I take my foot off the gas, and before I could put it on the brake I see the road dead end onto another road that goes E and W. FUCK!!!! I jump intop the guys driveway which is nothing but gravel and dirt ruts. did I mention my car I bought 2 weeks ago and has 14 thou on it...flawless. anyways. ABS is working like a charm. I am sliding toward the guys house doin more than 85...I turn the wheel all the way to thr right.......rear swings out......tree in front of me by 30 ft..........turn wheel alllll the way to the left. Rear swings around and I come to a stop facing the way I came in.

was I scared.....the funny thing is.....NO. I was in control the entire time. I missed the house by 10ft, and the tree by 12ft. when I came to a stop...the house lights went on and I went up the driveway.....turned right on the road...and see the mustang up the street waiting to see if I made it out. He thought I was headed for the barn...but I missed it completely. When I turned onto the road...I noticed...booooom bum boooom wobble wobble. my rigth front tire had come off thee wheell when I landed entering the driveway. Drove down the road a quarfter mile..put the spare on, went over to the local mobile gas station..pulled my tire out of the back...noticed I still had the back seal on......put in air and pulled up. Tire went back on the car. washed the car from all the grass, dust, and dirt on the front end.

This was stupid of me I know..I am normally a good driver, and more inteligent not to do it, but I did. The car handle amazing, even in the drifts. It went where I wanted it to. No dents, chips, or anything wrong with the car. I was amazed. The guy in the mustang gave me money for the carwash, he felt bad...didnt realize we were that close to the other road. He went sideways around the turn and was able to stop. He said he could see me spin around the guys driveway...and saw the car jump.

I wasnt scared, I was calm and able to manuever the car quite well. I was very impressed. I went from 95 to 0 in about 75ft. no damage to the car, and I won the race. coulda been worse.

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
auto....yeah I know it was a stupid idea but I won. It wasnt the fact I knew I could beat a GT..I just had to prove it to myself. I am also sorry I couldnt come over today. I had to move everything outta my room so the carpeters can lay new carpet. I worked on it all day and still am only 3/4 the way done. forgot I have to move the stuff in the closet too. I will PM ya on the other site.

S

sr71_rgl

Did you apologize and offer to fix whatever you broke in that innocent guy's yard or just high tail it out of there like a jackass? That guy could have easily called the cops and put your ass in a sling. You're lucky he didnt come out blastin....like many peeps would have. That being said, I've done the same thing before and felt like a shit head just like you do. As long as no one was hurt learn from your ignorance and keep it on the road next time :D

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
if you read the story...you would have read I was in control of it just fine., just no road to drive it on, and had I turned left or right instead of the guys driveway..I wouldnt be here right now talking about it. I am not asking to be yelled at here, I have already thought of every angle to this incident. yes, I couldve been done for, Yes I coulda hurt someone else, Yes a deer coulda jumped out in front, Yes there coulda been another car. Yes we shoulda picked a longer road, and the number one thing....Yes I shouldnt have been racing period. trust me there are tons more. I was in control of my car, if I wasnt..well that woulda hurt. riht now I am to the point of making fun of it and laughing at this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info