3800 Car runs rough after tog install

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
I just put in the togs and double checked plug wires and o2 connections. I haven't had the flex pipe welded but I used a plumbing clamp to tie the flex and cat together. The ses light is on and the car runs rough at both idle and when throttle is applied. It sounds like it could be KR. I plan on getting the flex pipe welded in the morning and hit autozone for a code check. Could it be the rear O2 or the front? I also looked under the car as it was running and the cat was red hot. That's not normal is it?

Thanks ahead for the help,

Jamie

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
im guessing it is a massive vacuum leak. do you have a scan tool? Best to get it scanned and go from there.

Did you make sure that the EGR is on solidly? All the vac lines on? If it is a vac leak it could cause you to run really lean, which could explain the glowing cat.

BC

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
Thanks, I don't have a scan tool so I really can't do much from here.
I am thinking it may be the front o2 sensor as when I unpluged it when running it didn''t change the way the car ran. I guess I will have to take the ride to autozone to see what codes come up and go from there.

This sucks!!!!! :(

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
I AM A DUMB ASS!!!!!!!!!! The #2 and #4 plugs were mixed up. :pissed: I called Mike K and he came by to scan my car. It came up #2 and #4 missfire. I felt like an idiot. Oh well, the car runs nice now. Thanks again Mike for your help, it will go a long way in the future with purchases from the wbodystore. I really appreciate you going out of your way to lend a hand. :woot:

Thanks, Jamie

I

imported_Diavolo

Congrats with getting it running. I had same problem (sort of) after TOG install. I think the number 6 wire was resting on the header and it melted part of it. I got no SES code (taken out with PCM) and didn't fix it for 3 months. I pulled the plugs and the #6 looked different then the other 5, so I replaced the wire and it runs perfect

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info