3800 Help with XM install!!!

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
Can someone help guide me in the direction for two questions...

1. Where can I wire into the ACC so that way when the key is on the unit is powered up, and when it is out the unit is powered down? Is there a fuse I can tie into?

2. Where on our firewall can I run a wire through to get to the battery? I cannot find any grommett or anything that has wires running through it.

All help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Rich

Originally posted by rjaz gtp@Sep 3 2004, 07:16 PM
Can someone help guide me in the direction for two questions...

1. Where can I wire into the ACC so that way when the key is on the unit is powered up, and when it is out the unit is powered down? Is there a fuse I can tie into?

2. Where on our firewall can I run a wire through to get to the battery? I cannot find any grommett or anything that has wires running through it.

All help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Rich
as superchargedgp stated, you can grab all the wires you need behind the radio, no need to go directly to the battery. if you have a aftermarket radio in there now, yellow should be the constant power, and red should be the acc (it might be the other way around, if one of the wires has a fuse on it that is the constant power one, if it doesnt have a fuse your gonna have to hook it up one way, see if it works if it does, great, if not reverse the wires) if you have a multimeter/voltmeter you can test the wires you need to see which is which. im not sure what colors the factory wires are for constant/ACC power, so again you would need to test them out with a multimeter to determine which ones you need to grab. if you still need help pm me and ill see what i can do.

--Adam

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info