3800 I think my TC is toast

• Thread starter imported_Ron Vogel
  • Start date
I

imported_Ron Vogel

Symptoms:
Out of balance feeling motor on occasion
Surges with steady throttle on the highway 60-70 mph randomly
from a standstill, hitting the gas doesn't get the car moving (happens once every 2 drives or so)
I think from the way it feels that it may be possible to limp this through winter if I don't go racing.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'd like to limp it along until I have the time/money to do a full rebuild/upgrade. It's very slightly off, but I can tell something's not right. This could be one of the reasons my 60' times have been going in the toilet.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by dole21@Sep 3 2004, 03:29 PM

explain how you can tell? i don't thikn i'd know what that felt like
I have semi-solid mounts for my motor, can pretty much feel everything. Shakes a little more than usual, and in a different manner. I don't think it's easy to explain, but if you felt it you'd know. I noticed it the first time about a month ago on a hard run when I was tuning for the IC. Seems like IC's love to munch our tranny parts.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
The only a problem is that in some cases when the impellers go bad they wear abnormally and send metal flakes throughout your transaxle. I would just go and have a trannyshop drop your pan and find out for sure what the prob is.

You can allways just take it home and drop and swap after its verifyed. Prob may just be in the VB.

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Sep 3 2004, 01:06 PM
Symptoms:
Surges with steady throttle on the highway 60-70 mph randomly
from a standstill, hitting the gas doesn't get the car moving (happens once every 2 drives or so)
I think from the way it feels that it may be possible to limp this through winter if I don't go racing.
Ron,

Can you explain to me what you mean by "Out of balance feeling"?

Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info