3800 Who can help me with the lower control arms?

• Thread starter imported_GraFFix
  • Start date
I

imported_GraFFix

Like the topic says..Id like to get my lower control arms put on the car before anything serious happens when im driving.

I checked the repair manual and decided from their instructions I dont want to attemp this on my own and also i dont have some of the tools that are recommended for removal of cetain things (ball joint for one)

Anyone with experiance willing to help me for a bit this weekend..I can come to you, that dont matter. Id just like to get them on..I can pay some cash if need be or buy lunch or whatever. we can work something out.

Thanks in advance

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Actually doesn't look like that big of a deal. Taking off the ball joint, may be easier than you think. What special tools do you mean? should just be a bolt for the rear and forward mount, and the BJ. BTW, I'm just modifying my arms this weekend, I have some poly bushings for the rear mounts, but I have to get the old ones out first.

I

imported_GraFFix

well...

I have a brainstorm...you can help em remove mine and you can just have them...lol

have you removed the control arms before Ron? would you have time this weekend to possibly help me replace mine then you can have my old control arms and get the bushings and everything ready to put on your car...

its always nicer to have an extra peice and work on it off the car

just a thought..lmk

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, I really won't have time this weekend, It's going to be honeydo weekend. I got an extra set from Ed this week. I actually went out and removed the old bushings and ball joints over the last hour. I had a extra panhard bar from my dad's TA, and found the poly end bushings on it fit perfectly into the rear lower control arm bushings. I feel the same way about having the stuff off the car, it's way easier. The front mount is out, and I'm welding in spherical hardened bushings in place of the rubber stockers. It was actually scary how easy the fronts came out. It's really a weak link in our suspension. I haven't taken out the LCA's from a GTP yet, but it doesn't look like a big deal. I don't think a spring compressor or anything needs to be used. I'm hoping to get mine on early Saturday morning, but it may not happen. If I can find a quick way to do it, I might be able to do it early Monday for you. I'll have to let you know, not certain how this weekend's going to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list