3800 Ebay auctions

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'll have 5.1 set-up in the studio, but it's not meant to be HT. I have some floorstanding Paradigms, matching CC, and Paradigm mini mk2's for surrounds, with a Velodyne sub. I'm also using some near field Energy's, and Auratones. I wish it was all set-up right now, but I have to frame out the room first.

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
sounds real nice. what are you using to power them Paradigms ? they like power :)

i am running some Klipsch RF-35's iam waiting on the RC-35 CC, then .... i will be getting the RSW-12 Sub, that thing is a beast. it also comes as 15 too. i have a Denon 3801 105x5 pushing them ...

i have been reading alot about these "Pro Crown Amps " do you know anything about them ? there is a HUGE thread like 46 pages of peeps talking about these amps one guy is running 3 of them ...

i want to add an amp but i looking for the most for the minimum :)

Crowm XLS-A 402 they are 250.00 shipped on ebay , 260 per ch. @ 8 ohm stereo ...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I have to research up on what's good. With studio stuff, not ulike high end audio, you want a lot of headroom. I will be looking for something with the flattest response for the room. The Paradigms are noted for being dry and colorless, hopefully I can find a good amp to match. I may run a spectrum analysis of the room after it's done before I start buying, but I don't know if I get that nuts yet.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm a singer/songwriter. It used to be a full time gig, but I've been doing it now for 25 years, and this is my first "dedicated" studio space. I'll prolly hit it big when I'm 50, but now it's just a hobby. Don't really have the time for a band and touring anymore with 2 kids and a wife, so I lay it all down on tape. Fortunetly I play a bunch of instruments, so I can usually do all the stuff myself without bringing people in. It's never really brought in the dough, except for cover bands, but still have to do it.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm 35, started playing harmonica at ten, than drums, guitar, piano...Last cover band did all top 40 '80s stuff. It was a lot of fun, played mostly resorts up and down the east coast, and based out of Michgan City. My stuff sounds like Pink Floyd meets Semisonic. Mostly powerpop stuff. I had a pretty popular local band in the early '90s called Something by Sunday, we played mostly colleges and sounded a lot like Chili Peppers/Jane's type band.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list