3800 strut/spring grinding...

last weekend i installed some kyb's and eibach's. i had the eibach's on for awhile before i put the kyb's on. no problems with any noises at all, so anyways, the pogo and ride was out of control, so i got some kyb's and redid the process all over again, this time, i also bought new strut mounts. alfredo, rich, and myself installed them last saturday and that night, i started to hear the grinding noise. it is coming from the front passenger side. the only time it makes the grinding noise is when i make a left turn. it does not do it when i hit bumps are go straight or make a right turn. it kind of sounds like something going up and down and grinding, haha. i think friday i am going to take off the strut and take a looksy, i think alfredo you said you had a similar noise from yours. just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. steering still feels fine and tight. i just get the grinding noise

I

imported_GraFFix

might seem funny but check the lower control arm...I recently did the KYP/GMPP springs and had a crazy squeak when i turned right and hit bumps...i thought the spring wasnt seated correctly or something. went out one day to investigate and noticed my lower control arm bushing popped out and the squeak was because the control arm was laying on the frame..still is..lol

just something to check..other then that make sure you remembered all the retainers on the top of the strut tower..(i also forgot one when i did mine)

gl

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Z
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list