3800 My weekend changes

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Had to shelf my rail project until I source a good regulator (need to fab into rails), so I played with my exhaust again. My system consists of a mandrel bent 3" DP (with venturi cone insert) into 3" high flow cat, Magnaflow 30" body /36" length / 6" diameter / 3" id muffler, into 3" mandrel bent to 2/14" split to Ractive mufflers. It sounded deep and mean, but with the car lowered the big Magnaflow was scraping speedbumps, and I was never convinced that VE was maximized with it like this. So I got some flowmaster 3" to 21/2" reducers, and put one on each end of a Magnaflow 20" body / 4" diameter / 2 1/2" id muffler. After welding it in, I noticed a lot better throttle reponse, and overall it runs much stronger. :D
And, my intake tube was starting to get rusty since I never painted it, so I figured I'd clean it up. I wanted to try the faux anodized stuff anyway to check it out. I picked up the "metalcast" anodized finish system at Wal-Mart. Consists of a silver metallic base, and a red tinted clear (also comes in many other colors). After scuffing up the tube after removing the rust, hit it with some prep clean. Sprayed on 2 coats of the base, waited 1/2 hour. Then sprayed 1 coat of the tint, then baked it for 20 minutes at 275 F. Cooled it down for a half hour, then put on one more coat of tint and baked again. I have to say, am very impressed at the results for a spraycan system, and highly reccomend this stuff. Obviously, I have to see how it will weather, but my best hunch is that it will hold up well from how well it cured. I went ahead and did my fender braces, and will do a few more things with this stuff.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by J.E.T.@Aug 23 2004, 10:30 AM
You still married Ron? :blink: ;) Where do you find the time?!!? :rolleyes:

Do you mean Ractive mufflers or TIPS?

J.E.T.
Still married...I got up to work on the car 3:30 am Saturday LOL. She sleeps until 11am, so I get that time to get stuff done. Although she did come down at 5:30am when I was using the sawzall on the exhaust, but at that point I was done cutting. They are Ractive mufflers, kind of the rice variety...2 1/2" id Stainless body with integrated 4" round tip, but they don't look too bad on the car. I had them on for about a year, then took them off for about a year. I just put them back on about 3 weeks ago, when I couldn't stand the drone of just the one muffler with the open pipes (that 3" exhaust takes special measures to not drone)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list