3800 Look at what I get for the weekend

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
I am lucky enough to get to drive this for the weekend.

240HP 3.2l VR6, 6 Speed, 4Motion all wheel drive :D :D :D :D

This has to be the most fun I have had in a while! If I was in the market for a car I would buy this pup in a second! I make everone drive it because it is such an expression of VW's craftmanship. I am going to hate to give it back Monday!
I will have it out at Treffen (a VW/Audi car show in Des Plains this weekend at Oakton Community College) along with some other cool VW's if anyone cares.

140_4069_1.jpg

140_4072_1.jpg

140_4076_1.jpg

140_4087_1.jpg

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Thank for putting up the info.

It isn't the fastest car around but it's the whole package, handling, speed, style, fit and finish it's just a solid machine. There was a few R32's at the autocross today and one took 1st place.
I will have to say on the highway this thing screams. 0-60 isn't the fastest but from 20-100 holy moly ;) . I love the 200mph speedo for the US market when the thing is limited to 130 (unless of course you chip it then 200 isn't out of the question).

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
i think 200 is still outta the question (when chipped) :) no where near enough power to hit 200 :p (at least not under load in real world cicrumstances) not to mention no where near enough road :p plus that thing looks about as aerodynamic as a brick.... but that I may be wrong on... not sure how well it does in a wind tunnel...

xttc2000

Addict
Dec 21, 2008
its a nice car, and im sure its awesome to get one for the weekend. but buying one? i dont really understand why someone would buy one.

1- it isnt fast.
2- its not really luxury.

you are compromising on both sides of the game, if you want a fast car- buy a fast car. if you want a luxury car- buy something with 4 doors and some decent shoulder room for passengers.

its about the same price as an EVO, and cant hang with it in any situation.
at best its an entry level luxury coupe.

i guess i am just not a big fan of audi/vw after that pos TT i had, bosch sucks.

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
Originally posted by xttc2000@Aug 22 2004, 01:45 AM
its a nice car, and im sure its awesome to get one for the weekend. but buying one? i dont really understand why someone would buy one.

1- it isnt fast.
2- its not really luxury.

you are compromising on both sides of the game, if you want a fast car- buy a fast car. if you want a luxury car- buy something with 4 doors and some decent shoulder room for passengers.

its about the same price as an EVO, and cant hang with it in any situation.
at best its an entry level luxury coupe.

i guess i am just not a big fan of audi/vw after that pos TT i had, bosch sucks.
It is fast, not the fastest but more than enough to get your self in trouble.
It's not luxury, it's sporty.
I was kidding about 200 mph.

I make everyone drive this car, my brother, neighbor, friends and everyone of them comes back with this shit eating grin on their face, they all want one. Lets face it 30g is a lot of bread but the Mitsi and the Subaru are more and the quality is less. From what I hear they are obnoxious little buzz bombs that will rattle your teeth loose. I guess you'd have to drive one (R32) to understand.

I love my GTP, I'm just enjoying this pup while I can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info