3800 Installed rotors/pads, now I have e-brake probs

stixx

Aug 1, 2008
Hi guys - I dont think I ever formally introduced myself, so hello to everyone. I just signed up on your site about two weeks ago.

Anyway, yesterday I installed my first set of rotors and pads - wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. I do have one problem though - my ebrake seems to stick a bit. Here's the scenario - if I engage the ebrake, the car seems to hold fine (so far so good). However, when I disengage the ebrake and start to drive, my brakes make a strange rubbing/grabbing sound that lasts for maybe 2-3 seconds - the noise/vibration then seems to go away. Any ideas of what I may have screwed up or failed to adjust?

As a side note - I spent about 15 minuted trying to remove the rear rotors with the ebrake engaged - argh!!!!! Definitely learned a lesson there. :D

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
I had a problem with my rear rotors too where I was hearing like a screaching sound, and to my knowledge I thought the rotor was warped. My good buddy Rob took a look at them and found out that the back plate behind the rear rotor was bent so it was scratching the rotor and was making that sound.

you might want to check and see if that is rubbing on your rotor.

Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list