3800 R/T Downpipe

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
Whats up these things?

I just got mine installed a couple of days ago and am getting a really raspy tinny metallic sound when accelerating. It sounds like a coke can being dragged across concrete, or something similar to that...

I thought it might've just been an exhaust leak between the downpipe/exhaust area, so today I went and got a downpipe/exhaust gasket and got it installed.

Unfortunately it didnt fix the problem, the noise is annoying as hell too. Funny thing is that the noise only exists when Im accelerating medium/hard throttle, at idle the car is quiet and light throttle its pretty quiet also.

When I popped the hood to see if it was a exhaust leak between the manifold/downpipe connection I didnt hear anything while revving the motor! So I have no idea what this noise is or where its coming from for that matter. Is it the flex pipe making this noise? Would wrapping it fix the problem?

So far I havent gotten the dreaded SES light, but knowing that I just talked about it It'll probably pop up tommorow :ph34r:

Thanks guys!

Joel
'99 GTP

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info