3800 Neon invasion

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Well, to make a long story short. Ive been back to work for 2 weeks now. We got all kinds of guys with fast machines in my dept. Its kind of cool getting double and a quarter to BENCH RACE half the day with lots of guys with decades of combined racing experience.

Anyway, two of my bud's have Neons. Ones got a SRT-4 that generates 16psi. He gave me a ride home last night. I was impressed! He said its a high 12 sec. car. I dont think its that fast stock...I know he will be that fast though.

Anyone run up on one of these? Interested in some real word numbers.

My other friend has a naturally asperated, cammed and P&Ped motor with headers and posi. Its sounds pretty good. We are putting his Venom NOS on next week with a phennolly manifold spacer and fan.

I definetlly want to see these Mopars run a couple of you guys. It would be a blast. Shitten little Dodges got my wheels turning.

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
I ran a Neon SRT-4 at the track last Wed. He pulled a 13.6 on that run, but he says the car can do 13.3 with the Stage2 installed. He seemed experienced with the car judging by the way he talked.

Anyway, he looked like he was hanging on pretty good behind my rear view mirror during our run :p .

I like the SRT-4's. I almost bought one -if it wasnt for the dick salesman at the Elgin Dodge dealership. They are defiantely contenders at the track.

J.E.T.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Aug 14 2004, 03:57 PM
I ran a Neon SRT-4 at the track last Wed. He pulled a 13.6 on that run, but he says the car can do 13.3 with the Stage2 installed. He seemed experienced with the car judging by the way he talked.

Anyway, he looked like he was hanging on pretty good behind my rear view mirror during our run :p .

I like the SRT-4's. I almost bought one -if it wasnt for the dick salesman at the Elgin Dodge dealership. They are defiantely contenders at the track.

J.E.T.
Hehe, you didnt like those guys either huh. If I ever buy a Dodge, it wont be in Elgin. Thats for sure.

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
Wow, before I bought my 04 GTP, I went to the Naperville Dodge on Ogden.
They wouldn't let me test drive the SRT4. I laughed at them and bought my GTP.
I knew I was either gonna buy the GTP or the SRT, and that no test drive bs on a 25000 dollar car made the choice easy.
No shit, this is how it went down.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Yea, he just got it less than a month ago. Hes excited. ts a really nice car. Well for a mopar.

He wants me too do a couple S1 mods to it. I figured a T-stat. Fan relays if applicable. Waste gate and maybe a little WI or PI. All bolt on. Get rid of the wheel hop and get some glue and he should have a warrentyed 12 sec car. Right?

50hp NOS would be cool too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info