3800 Again with the rails!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

OK, I had a bit of a problem getting some TB boring done. Had to try a different shop. A girl I work with's father has been a tool and die guy for 32 years, and her fiancee has been in it over 10. He's going to be doing the boring for me, and we got to talking cars (he's a big time car guy). Anyway, he's got a buddy out of Kenosha that fabricates rails and FI systems, and does side jobs for clubs with VERY reasonable pricing.
I'd like to hear from who would be interested before I talk to this guy. The basic plan would be to have completed machined rails for DIY's who can fabricate the brackets and plumbing themselves. I'd like to get 5-10 people in, and I'll do it like this...Once we have a few people, I'll get a qoute on unit pricing, then if you'all want, will have a proto made for inspection before purchase. I'm speculating on pricing around $50-75 per set. Just let me know.
Ron

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by CoolGTX+Aug 13 2004, 04:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CoolGTX @ Aug 13 2004, 04:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel@Aug 13 2004, 04:37 PM
I know they do, but If I can get the same thing from some one that specializes in FI (specifically GN's) for $50-75; well, I will.
ok, i guess you didnt know what i ment, sorry :unsure: [/b][/quote]
I'm a little dense, don't mind me. I'm actually excited about this machine shop connection I got today, because it's someone outside this GP community. Has a different perspective on value, than most of us do; and is into hot-rodding. A lot of the machine shop guys I talk to won't touch this stuff with a 10ft pole. I had one that wanted $280 just to machine flat a flange on a custom spacer for me, yikes!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by superchargedgp@Aug 13 2004, 10:14 PM
well if your rails are as good as your TB's you will need the extingusher
So, I guess this means your not interested, huh? Also, if you haven't noticed I never said I was building rails for anyone. I'm having them made as a group purchase. Sorry, I was trying to be helpful. Have a nice day.

joeyboy777

Regular
Mar 2, 2008
Originally posted by superchargedgp@Aug 13 2004, 10:14 PM
well if your rails are as good as your TB's you will need the extingusher
Certainly Ive heard this all before... Ive heard of cars burning up, charles, chris, others can all attest, "not using PRJ rails is unsafe"... i digress.. I have heard ron vogel, go through many stages... he is adding his knowledge to the car arena. everyyone says competition is good.. zzp.intenxe...pfyc..joeya.com... Ive always seen help givin out by ron.... unless I ask to port my TB....
I think it is going in a good direction. Paul has a great system, I am actually going to buy it this week to go along with my ic. If I had the smarts to finish up a system i'd do it.
Ive been in the gp scene since 98 when i got my 97. i seen many go through much. i wish i had the car knowledge that i see soo many other here have.
I learn from my searches and from the people that have helped me along the way...
Ive talked to 8 different people in the past week about my whole new system I am putting in, and I hope I get the support/ideas/help that I need from fellow GP'ers.

To ron, I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors. Ive seen a lot of ideas.... out of the box good type shite.. keep it up.

Much love to everyone who has/will help me

joe a

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by ThePizzaGTP@Aug 13 2004, 11:37 PM
Damn, someone's got a serious case of E-testicle. :jerkoff:
e testicle my ass , fuck you i'll say that shit to your face no one can voice their opinion anymore. i'm far from being an internet bad ass. People who know mw will tell you that anything i'll say on here i'll say to your face

so go do what you do best :jerkoff: and shut the fuck up

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's not a matter of not being able to voice your opinion. You just never have anything positive to say. You're wasting everyone's time and pissing a lot of people off in the process.

Now in the true spirit of you, I'll tell myself to go fuck off. Jackass.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by superchargedgp@Aug 13 2004, 07:53 PM
make sure you have a fire extinguisher ready
Im waiting for my custom PRJ's. But im interested anyway. I'd like to get some other stuff machined aswell. My guy is only good for engine stuff.

Anyway, I agree with you on the "only person who knows how to make them issue"

It seems this fuel rail market needs a little cometition in my opinion. Ive been doing this stuff for awile. I they can be done cheaper. That why im bothered by this subject. Its not rocket science. You just have to put some time and thought into it. Nothing at all against Paul at all. Hes a good guy. Its just that you need to shop around for a reasonable machinist unless its all profit.

Im getting Pauls but I want to see a couple other designs. As far as fires ect. That can happen anyway. Just blow an o-ring or something...Shit happens. Even to the "TOPICAL" products when your hot rodding. You have to stay on top of this stuff.....PMI's (hell I do this stuff for a living)

I dont know, sorry your getting such a large dose of negitivity. I think its due to a lack of expierience. If you need some help Ron give me a call. Keep up the good work.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, thanks to those with postitive comments. I'm finishing up a Conversion right now to adapt the '04 rails on my car, should be done by tomorrow. A little more info on how injector bores seat, for those that are wondering. The injector bosses on fuel rails is machined so there is a taper to seal it to the bore. The o-ring expands with fuel pressure so that it expands further sealing the bore. On this style injector, the injector doesn't have to seat all the way into the bore to seal. However, the rail holdowns have to be sturdy to prevent boost from forcing the injector out of the head. The clips in most applications other than SC is normally all that is needed to support a fuel rail. I located the cutting tools needed to correctly cut the bores to spec, but they are more expensive than buying finished pieces, that's why it's better to farm this out. I'd like to have one of the ends machined to adapt a Mustang sytle regulator, since there are more options with this, and the Ford regulators are more inexpensive. Outboard regulators just add to the cost of the fittings, and there are plenty of Ford style units availible that offer boost referencing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info