3800 TOG install

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
I just bought my silver ceramic Togs and I was looking for some helpful hints on an easy install. I know you have to bend the trans dipstick but is there a right way to do this or do I just bend it. I was thinking of heating it up would that be a wrong way to do it? :blink: Also, Do they come with new gaskets? Should I flip my sway bar? I just don't want to do things that are not necessary. Thanks for any help people. ;)

Jamie

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Once the rear manifolds are off bend the dipstick to the back and right towards the brake resevoir direction.

WIth my header install I have never had a problem fitting the sway bar.. and I am using a mammoth RAT bar..
Use lots of penetrating oil.. PB BLASTER!! on the manifold bolts..USeing a 13MM ratchet not the english equivelent.. on those bolts..

Also use a breaker bar to break the crossover bolts.. Sometimes they come out nicely but sometimes you literally will break the bolt out..also dont forget that the damn heat shields are sharp as hell and will slice your fingers pretty good so use gloves..

ALso to remove the rear manifold.. ROCK the engine as far forward as you can. (remove the motor mounts) I usualy use an engine strap so i can secure the motor all the way forward..

you should have enought room to pull up and out on the manifold and also drop the header straight down.

get the front and rear headers and crossover loosely bolted on once the crossover seems to fit in nicely tighten the rears than the front.. while carefull making sure the crossover sits right witout any leaks..from the donut gaskets.

also lube the crap out of the rear manifold to the cat/dp bolts those bad boys like to rust..and also the cat to the rear exhaust ..

ALso a set of BOLT OUTS in case you round out any bolts (manifold and d/p bolts..).. this will save you a trip to the store.. and if you dont use them return them.. :)

GTP4ME

Regular
Apr 28, 2008
Thanks for the info guy's. I have no access to a lift though. Do I need to buy new manifold gaskets or does it come with the togs? Should I heat up the dipstick tube to make it easier to bend? Would either of you have a lift that I could utilize? Thanks again, Jamie

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info