3800 norwalk

W

wykidgp

got to norwalk raceway on friday ,pulled into the camping area & set up camp.
i brought my wife & 3 kids (12,11& 5 yrs old).i noticed about 8 g.p.'s parked in row near where we set up camp.(some had ILGPC.COM stikers on the glass).
i am posting this message to state my dissapointment ! i have never seen such inconsiderate and obnoxios racers (campers) in my life! they had no respect for anyone else camping around them,drinking, swearing and carrying on til midnite
like they were the only group on site.i know i was not the only one who noticed this obnoxios behavior as the track announcer even mentioned this issue.
i hope club members that were there can realize my dissapointment.

Dreamcat78

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Rolling Meadows
well they only represent some of the members here..sorry they were so rude but..we can never control them..they get excited over getting hammered and have race weekends...most of them dont have small kids so they prolly dont understand...i cant say sorry for them but i wasnt there! This is kinda embarrasing that someone can come here and complain about their behavior...i have seen it and theres no excuse for it...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by wykidgp@Aug 9 2004, 11:01 AM
got to norwalk raceway on friday ,pulled into the camping area & set up camp.
i brought my wife & 3 kids (12,11& 5 yrs old).i noticed about 8 g.p.'s parked in row near where we set up camp.(some had ILGPC.COM stikers on the glass).
i am posting this message to state my dissapointment ! i have never seen such inconsiderate and obnoxios racers (campers) in my life! they had no respect for anyone else camping around them,drinking, swearing and carrying on til midnite
like they were the only group on site.i know i was not the only one who noticed this obnoxios behavior as the track announcer even mentioned this issue.
i hope club members that were there can realize my dissapointment.
And for those that may think this is nitpicky....

If you don't have kids, you'd prolly not get it. Kids don't understand that stuff. They were excited to go camping and watch racing, instead they were worried about the scary people that kept them from sleeping.

We've all been there, but if you want to party all night you have to be considerate. I thought I'd never get this way, but I call the cops on speeding cars in my neighborhood now. When your 3 year old plays in the front yard, it's terrifying to have someone running 50-60mph down your street (30 zone). I haven't taken him camping yet, but I could image this situation.

W

wykidgp

YIKES!
thats exactly what i was thinking when one guy woke me up at 2 am. he was yelling at the TOP OF HIS VOICE "who drank all my F-ing bacardi".i should have known what i was dealing with when i read a sticker on one g.p.'s back glass that read "my drinking team has a racing problem".. my camp site was 50 ft away from the members site & they were there first . so the next morning we moved far away! but im still trying to explain to my 12 yr old daughter why these people were up yelling about B-JOBS & f-ing this & that at midnite while everyone else was quite & trying to sleep.(take your kids racing! right?)
my frustration of course is not directed at everyone thats a member,only the ones
that know who they are! think about how you acted & the people you effected around you (in a public place)

W

wykidgp

im glad you found it ! i was actually gonna get up & help you look for it ,thinkin' maybe another shot or two & you would be out for the nite.. and i could get some sleep.
hope you had a great weekend as i thought the event was awsome! your gp's are fast. just think about my situation & your actions for future events.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by wykidgp@Aug 9 2004, 01:40 PM
im glad you found it ! i was actually gonna get up & help you look for it ,thinkin' maybe another shot or two & you would be out for the nite.. and i could get some sleep.
hope you had a great weekend as i thought the event was awsome! your gp's are fast. just think about my situation & your actions for future events.
i dont think that this would of been a great idea

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
well i was an drunk asshole sue me. i have few days of vacation a year and i work 45+ hours a week i'll enjoy my time off anyway i please. Thats was the reason we camped all the way in the back. I'm gonna drink and do what i want, I'm sick of being preached to. dont like it fuck off i'm not gonna change my ways for anyone. especialy some dude that wants to go to sleep at 10 pm. no one made him camp by us.

PS i was gone and over at INTENSE tent leg humping like most of you would call it from 11 pm till 2 am so who ever was talkin about blowjobs at midnight it wasnt me, but it seems like i'm the only one with balls to come forward and dont deny my actions.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by Dreamcat78@Aug 9 2004, 02:32 PM
mike i am not picking on you..i know who the loud ones were..dont pick on me cuz i cant party LOL you seem to be the only one coming forward anyways!
i'm not picking on you for not being able to party , i understand your situation. but everyone knows how we get just look back at IDD's or GPG's

everyone in the country knows what ILGPC does at camp grounds

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Sorry about putting a damper on your weekend for you and your family..

Glad you still managed to have a good time.. And thanks for bringing it up we will try and work on it. Maybe we will camp by the runway next year. :).. We try to get as far away from everyone else that os why we camp in the back and not towards the front or in the lot by the pits..

So lisa who were the loud ones? You were not even there..so shhh..

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
On the one hand
-----------
I think that its a rather pompus thing to assume that everyone else knows that ILGPC makes for a bad group to camp by and use that as a justification as for why the group was loud and obnoxious. Man there are still people in CHICAGO that have never heard of ILGPC, or clubgp. For that matter I have seen MODDED cars (with parts from pfyc, etc) that do not know what clubgp or ilgpc is. We are a webforum of what a hundred or so people? Come on ..........

On the other hand
----------------
As far as camping at the racing event, I don't know the specifics or how the event was advertised, but most of htese racing events have a younger crowd and this type of stuff goes on alot. I would definitely expect this type of thing to happen to SOME extent at every event. You did the right thing by moving the tent the next day. Of course that did not correct the night before.....

If it was that bad though, I'm quite surprises no one was asked to leave since you stated the announcer was commenting. I know that I was kicked outta norwalk for doing nothing except paying $50 to get in and watch some guy start trouble with my friends..... :blink:

Also, did they know you had kids? If they were aware of this, they may have moved a bit or been a bit more respectful. I don't believe they would have knowingly acted that way if they knew you had kids over there.....

GTPHales-Wife

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Plano, IL
Yes people were very out of hand that Friday night. We all talked about it the next day and tried to keep it down the next night. That was why we stayed in the back of the camp group like someone else stated as to try and not be disrespectful but obviously were. I told a one person to go to sleep because they were being very loud and keeping me awake, I for one was up almost all night and maybe had a couple of hours of sleep......Everyone else that was there passed out/

Sorry, I for one apologize for what happend. Unfortunaly that's what happens when people drink too much.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Its all J/O fault!!! He was drunk like always..LOL!! oh wait he don't drink.!! He just stays up all night talking about OBD-II scanners..with horist..LOL! and egging ppl on..

Can I get a

tweet tweet
or a bkaaaaaaaaaaaaa
and a little hoot hoot
and a mooooooooooooo
and also a bow wow!!

And SNM thanks for the tucher biotch...:)

W

wykidgp

since i started this topic i just wanted to end my posts by saying thanks to everyone who replied (alexgtp ect..)
i wasnt looking for appoligies,didnt mean to sound like i was preaching & dont want
to give the idea that i would ever tell someone what they should or shouldnt do.
belive me i like to party as much as everyone else.
i just wanted to enlighten the members that were there ..they were noticed!!
not only for thier cars or how they did at the track but thier attitudes as well.
i guess i could figure out which of them care & which ones dont.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info