3800 Ltrims at idle ~16.4~ WTF

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Im leaving for work in a couple. Some info is required by anyone trying too send you in the right direction.

1) What is the original symptom? Or what caused you to scan it?

2) What are your mods?

3) What is the last thing you did to it?

1) What is the original symptom? Or what caused you to scan it?

~ For awhile, my car had been bogging under wot. so i put in new spark plugs, spark plug wires, got my fuel injectors cleaned, and replaced my fuel filter. the thing is, i have never set an ses light, nor when i scanned did i set any misfires. those are the last things i have done to my car. in the spring i met up with thalord to see how my car was running and he said it was running really well, which it was, it ran like a champ to me. but since the beginning of summer, it has been running rough. when i am idleing it idles real rough and makes these popping noises through the exhaust, not like the back fireing but i can here all these little popping noises. i scanned my car because i helped diavolo put some headers on his car so i just asked if i could borrow his ls1m to see how my car was doing.

2) What are your mods?

~ 3.4", fwi, dhp, 1.9 r/a's, tog's, u-bend/res removed, 3" to 2.5" Y, 40 flowmasters, 180* t- stat,

3) What is the last thing you did to it?

~ autolite 104's gappend at .57, ac delco spark plug wires, fuel filter, and injectors cleaned.

when i get the scans from diavolo, i will post them and i'm sure that will help out more.

J

jp98GTP

I actually have the same problem, and that's with the ICCU. I'm going to check out the EGR tube later on today, but what other spots might the vacuum leaks be coming from? I checked the obvious and visible one, TB, boost, and anything in between, but they all look fine.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

His 02 sensor is reading a steady .100/.200 at idle. Computer is dumping in gas to get it to read. I think the highest it read at idle was .300mv, but it would shoot up to 1.1v if you revved it. Wouldn't be a bad idea to change the oil soon, all that gas is prolly washing down the cylinders too.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by zeez gtp@Aug 10 2004, 06:07 AM
it doesn't seem like. i'm just glad it's an easy fix.
Well, I may have bad news...
I talked to Justin at Casper's today, and mentioned your problem. He had spent 2 hours out in the parking lot with someone's regal the day before WITH THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Trims were pegged at 16.4, 02 values were low at idle and went to normal under acceleration. He went through the same things as I did, but found disconnecting the MAF, got the 02 sensor to read right. He replaced the MAF, and same thing happened. He checked for shorts, but found none. We came to the conclusion that it may have something to do with the computer. He's considering making a wire harness tester. It came to mind during the conversation, but Alex had something like this too. I'll invite him to reply...

i havent posted here in awhile...but i THINK i may have the same problem. i havent scanned in awhile but i believe my ltft's go to a really high positive number as well, 16.4 probably (i'll have to scan again today). i know my rear o2 sensor has been throwing codes for whatever reason but i'm not sure if that would cause a problem. my car has been running like crap lately (every since i ran 13.1 pretty much) and i'm getting a lot of false knock (downpipe hitting sway bar i think)..but i'm running off topic. i'm gonna scan my car later and post my results, may as well get help while its being given

well, since i cant find the edit button, here is my car idling at a light (a scan that is)...i too shoot up to 16.4 after awhile...i also noted a lot more knock than usual (definately going w/ downpipe on sway bar since i can feel and hear something hitting). anyway, heres the part of my scan that shows me going to 16.4 on the ltft's....and like i said before, not that it probably is the cause, my rear o2 keep setting off a ses light...what is it...something about a heater circuit or something like that...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info