3800 Security lamp

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Im not as fashioned on these new security systems on this year and model vehical.

I have a 2000 GTP. Ever sinse this thing hit the road the security lamp has been blinking. Does this mean the security system to be reprogramed.(car been down for a wile)
The factory alarm works and the remote features related to the BCM seem to function properly. I remembered that it was acting funny before the cars transfomation. TCS remaining on. Alarm going off all the time.

I also notice something weird...The range portion of the info center on the dash..Reading LOW?

Can anyone save me the time on getting the manual for these issues. I remember programming remotes and such with the turn of thr key. Its been a while. Can anyone refresh me on this? Has anyone had a blinking security lamp? Educate me.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I'll tap it later. I have a hard time believing its the key cause Ive used the same key sense I got the car and never had this issue. It has to be something I did.

All I did was tap the factory power drop with a relay.

Come to think of it, I found a loose ground a couple days ago. I just yanked the battery cable to mess around with my rails. I bet the ground set the blinking lamp. I bet when I restart and reset the car it goes away.

I'll let you know.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list