3800 Anyone have a TB gasket laying around?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I haven't used a TB gasket for over a year, just rtv. If you are anywhere near a Parts city, they have them for about $5. I am a bit off the beaten path from you, but I have gasket material to make your own too, it's awesome stuff too. It's a gel on one side, and foam on the other. When you torque it down, it forces the gel through the foam, thus sealing. when you want to remove the tb, the gel recedes into the foam, and it comes off clean.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

RTV the sealing sides of both surfaces, then let it dry. Then put a light caot of it on one side and reassemble. Should be OK. I wouldn't have epoxied the water jacket shut though. It'll eventually swell up and cause a vac leak. I did the same thing once, and eventually had to remove the epoxy. It's a trade off here, even if you drill and tap shut the holes to the SC, it'll block coolant from flowing through the SC entirely. Your TB will run cooler, but average SC temps will be 20 degrees hotter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list