3800 Turbo Party Next Weekend

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
OK, guys well here's the plan. I will be dropping my car off at SSP this week to have a y-pipe/collector and downpipe made for the turbo. Then having the car towed to carol stream. We will be working on the car there on saturday. I will probably work on it a little bit friday night, but the majority will be saturday. Sweetness and I are optimistic that it should be a one day install. Then hopefully have it up and driving saturday night. Then do some runs and check for problems on sunday.

So I just wanted to let everyone know they are free to stop out and chill, help, eat snacks and drinks if they want. Not looking for a full blown mod day or anything, but I just felt it would be nice for anyone interested to see how the project is going. CPK has offered his skills with welding to help us finish up the project, so if you stop by you will see Me, CPK, Sweetness, and Kyle (his place).

Anyone is welcome to come, but I do have two "special" requests :p . I thought that maybe if Ron was bored, he could trim up my TB shaft :D, and if Charles was bored, he could clean up my PCM. I have PMed you Charles letting you know what I would need done.

Besides that, just let me know if your interested in stopping by and I can PM out the address. And what types of snacks and drinks you like :)

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
that would be sweet rob. We wont be getting to into the install on friday. I have to work over night that night, but ill be there saturday afternoon. If you cant leave the atap over night then i have an LS1M, so it isnt a big deal. Hopefully we can get everything up and running by saturday night. Maybe have some fun with some unsuspecting muscle cars that night, but sunday for sure. :D

BC

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Yea, next saturday, my bad. Also, I have an LS1M also. So no problems with getting scanners. That be great if you could pop out, Ron and Rob.

I am going to start working on it at 10/11am on saturday morning. Im not sure what time Sweetness was planning on getting there..2/3pm? But that will give me plenty of time to organize different ideas in my head.

Also dont know when CPK will be able to make it? What style of hood scoop?

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
11 sounds good to me.

WooHoo...I got the rear header today. Drop the car off wednesday.

Copy~of~Rear~Header.jpg

Oh yea....anybody got NPT Taps? Or know where can I buy one? Like a real store, not an online one? Thanx.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
OK, well Im going to see if I can get the bit and tap sent to me overnight from an online retailer. I decided to go with a 1/2" NPT tap, which requires a 45/64" drill bit. Only other problem is that the drill bit requires a 1/2" driver. My drill only has a 3/8". So if you have that size drill then please bring it. Besides that, I just have a couple more fittings to pick up and im done. I have to wake up in 6 hrs to drive 2.5 hrs and take the car to SSP.....oh fun.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Aug 11 2004, 01:49 AM
OK, well Im going to see if I can get the bit and tap sent to me overnight from an online retailer. I decided to go with a 1/2" NPT tap, which requires a 45/64" drill bit. Only other problem is that the drill bit requires a 1/2" driver. My drill only has a 3/8". So if you have that size drill then please bring it. Besides that, I just have a couple more fittings to pick up and im done. I have to wake up in 6 hrs to drive 2.5 hrs and take the car to SSP.....oh fun.
Get it from McMaster and will call it. If you ship it, they will ship the same day you order it, I get stuff the next day from them all the time.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I'm staying in town this weekend, so I may stop by for a bit. I have a lot to do on my own car, so can't stay too long. Please post the address, I think it's only a quick skip from my house. I have a partly modified shaft over here, to save time I can just swap it for yours. I'll just finish it up tonight after I go get my new tires mounted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info