3800 window acting up...what do you think?

00GTPSC

Addict
Dec 20, 2008
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Aug 3 2004, 06:00 PM
It was stuck down for a little while...

Then i pressed it and it went up two inches.... stoped and then two inches more....

You think its the motor or swithches?

Anyone have a spare around? How much are these parts new?
sounds like the regualtor to me, i had the same problem, don't know how much it costs to fix cause mine was still under warranty.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
just pop the door panel off.

if you see any metal wires hanging loose, the regulator broke.

my buddies GTP had a bad switch. when you pushed hard on the top left corner the window would go up. other than that it wouldn't.

try pressing one side more than the other.

or..take the switch out, take a paperclip and find the ground and the wire to complete the circuit to make it go up. (I don't remember the color of the wire)

if it does go up, you know its you're switch. if it still won't, its motor or regulator.--which 90% of the time that i've seen both those parts are sold together.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
the clips that come on the car are crap. go to autozone or pepboys, they sell packs of 8 or 10. I got lots lying around here, but am pretty far away.

and..I bought a door panel removal tool while I was at Jc whitney. its teh perfect size for popping those clips...I dont' know if autozone, etc. woudl sell one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info