3800 Registering Down South

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Anyone have any insight into registering your car outside of the emissions controls of northern illinois? I have read/heard of people regitering theer car in say, peoria, and not having to go through emissions. Anyone know what the rules are on doing this? do you actually have to LIVE down there, or can you register it at a friends address? I guess what im getting at is: does the car have to registered to the resident of the address, or can i register it at in my name at someone elses address. Thanks

BC

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Really with OBD-II it doesn't matter. They are going to scan the car for the presence of trouble codes and if they find any they then give you a run on the dyno. The goal is to have some sort of apparatus that will remove the codes. :)

I can visualize you there with "pass" slip in your hand Mike, car barely idling and all.

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
well, see the issue is what i plan on doing. I plan on moving an LS1/LT1 into a 93 or earlier RX7. So none of the models are OBDII, but the engine would be. I dont want to find out what will happen if it is registered in the emissions zone, because i have no intention of running an emissions friendly car. Any thoughts??

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info