3800 fuel injectors

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Do you need them yet? Do you know what it takes to dial them in?

If I remember correctly you're new to cars yes? Save your money for the time being. The first thing I would recomend anyone get is a scanner. The second thing I would recomend would be to study what each of the variables on the scanner means and what the tolerances are.

I realize this does not answer the specific question you asked so here is my answer to that:

Intense / ZZP. :)

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
Here is the story. INTENSE has fuel injectors. You can find out how expensive they are at www.intense-racing.com. Installation is a breeze.

The question has already been stated, but you dont need new injectors unless the ones you have are busted. Teh injectors are cheap, relatively. But the expense is the reprogram you have to get to run them. IIRC its $500 or so for a custom tune. Charles may have generic fuel maps he can put into your computer for new injectors, but it will still cost money. Save the injectors until you can afford a new pump, injectors, fuel rails, and a custom tune/L67Edit. You have no need for them unless you have maxed them out. Unless you are running smaller than a 3.0" pulley (you are a gtp right??) you dont need them. Hope i just saved you some cash that you dont need to be spending.

BC
:ph34r:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You need to start out with a 3.4 or you need to start with an intercooler. :)

Great first mods if you're going to do things in steps:

Remove U bend
3 Inch downpipe
180 degree thermostat
New plugs (autolite 104's - 2 ranges colder than stock)
Fenderwell intake
DHP

These mods should allow you to run a 3.4 with no knock or close to no knock.

Understand that with a supercharged motor you must know the affect of blindly adding boost. It's unfortunate that some learn this by making their motor go boom. Now go return that 3.0. :)

sweetness

Addict
Nov 12, 2008
you are looking at a cam at the very least to support a 3.0 pulley. 3.25 would be ok with headers, intake, and DHP. With a 3.0 you have a couple options.

Intercooler, Cam.

Intercooler all by itself should allow you to run a 3.0 with nothing else. The cam will let you run it with headers, dhp, valve springs (not necessary, but should be considered so.), and an intake.

3.0" CAN be run without anyother mods, but it wont be good for the engine. Pictor did it.... but his car has also been on blocks for a long..... long.... time. :D Maybe not because of the pulley, but you can see the possible results.

BC

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info