3800 At wits end

anyone else know of a company that I could get ahold of to get DSL or the internet hooked up at my place?
Comcast just came to my pad and said that the connection in my room is soo low, that my modem wouldn't work half the time and they could install another box, but my mother doesn't want anymore holes in the wall(anal)
SBC I don't like them so I dont know what else is in the area..

any idea?

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Aug 2 2004, 11:28 PM
I for one have not had a single problem with comcast and i've been with them before they became comcast.  Awsome service :D
Same here. I had SBC DSL, and there was nothing wrong with that, either, but when I moved to my current apartment, Comcast was running a special for the first 6 months at $32.95 a month. Months 7,8 and 9 were $42.95, and now it's at the full price of $60 per month. I have no complaints about either company. The only time I see a real difference between the DSL and cable is when I'm downloading off of Kazaa. Otherwise, page loads don't seem to be too different. I think a lot of the results are going to depend on the area, too.

What about Wide Open West?

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by RareGMFan+Aug 2 2004, 11:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RareGMFan @ Aug 2 2004, 11:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp@Aug 2 2004, 11:28 PM
I for one have not had a single problem with comcast and i've been with them before they became comcast.  Awsome service :D
Same here. I had SBC DSL, and there was nothing wrong with that, either, but when I moved to my current apartment, Comcast was running a special for the first 6 months at $32.95 a month. Months 7,8 and 9 were $42.95, and now it's at the full price of $60 per month. I have no complaints about either company. The only time I see a real difference between the DSL and cable is when I'm downloading off of Kazaa. Otherwise, page loads don't seem to be too different. I think a lot of the results are going to depend on the area, too.

What about Wide Open West? [/b][/quote]
wow your paying $60? I'm still paying $42.95 and its been 4years. Oh, and i finally got my own modem this year..sheesh $3 leaseing the modem that sucked.

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by mybluegtp+Aug 3 2004, 12:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mybluegtp @ Aug 3 2004, 12:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by RareGMFan@Aug 2 2004, 11:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp
@Aug 2 2004, 11:28 PM

What about Wide Open West?
wow your paying $60? I'm still paying $42.95 and its been 4years. Oh, and i finally got my own modem this year..sheesh $3 leaseing the modem that sucked. [/b][/quote]
if you don't subscribe to cable TV - get internet only.....yep that's the price!

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Originally posted by whitecav_79+Aug 3 2004, 02:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (whitecav_79 @ Aug 3 2004, 02:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I think the only way for right now is to get Yahoo...anyone know about W.O.W. or something like that?[/b]

That's the Wide Open West I mentioned. They're still up and coming, so they don't cover a huge area yet, but it's worth a shot.

<!--QuoteBegin-mybluegtp
@Aug 3 2004, 12:28 PM
wow your paying $60?  I'm still paying $42.95 and its been 4years. Oh, and i finally got my own modem this year..sheesh $3 leaseing the modem that sucked.[/quote]

What the!?!?! :pissed: Looks like I'll have to have a little chat with our friends. Well...subsrcibing to cable or not, you wined up paying the same amount. You either pay more the for the internet, and get the cable free (as I found out by using a splitter to run a line to the TV ;) ), or you pay less for the internet, but pay for the difference with the TV service. It basically comes out to the same, I guess.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well, I had to call communistcast today due to my internet being out all day. Tried telling me that there was no outage and said it was fine. Then they tried pinging my modem, and there all like "Hey, your modem is not there" Bunch of morons. My buddies have WOW. They have never complained about them, and he has had WOW for 2 years. Ive had comcrap for 3 months and called 3X more than he has in 2 years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info