3800 IC Chiller

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Well, my dry ice set-up won't work as per original plan. I couldn't find a good way to mount it in the driver's side fender, to acess it for filling, and wasn't super keen on CO2 gas being pulled in by the air cleaner there either. So what I did was build a copper heat exchanger and mounted it inside my washer fluid resivour. I'll chill washer fluid inside a cooler with dry ice, then pour it in at the track. I put a t in the line from the washer pump so it can be drained after a pass. Should work pretty good, washer fluid has a freezing point below water, so at least it can get pretty cold. I'll try and get it to the track Saturday. Just an update...

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Very creative. I dont know what the freezing point of the washer fluid is. But I know that some water/alcohol injection guys will fill their washer tank with that mixture. And they say it works good for getting bugs off. So if the water/alcohol mixture will have a lower freezing point than the washer fluid, you could try that also.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by zeez gtp@Jul 29 2004, 08:48 PM
ron, you are the only person that when you post stuff, i have no idea what the hell you are talking about, but i am glad you know what you are doing :D
Yeah, I'm a little scatterbrained. Now I either am epoxying my washer tank back together, or I need to learn plastic welding fast! I also made an expansion tank out of a stainless steel kitchen canister. Too bad tonight I burned a hole through it welding a mounting stud. The canister is a little thin...but it looks killer.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Jul 29 2004, 09:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ron Vogel @ Jul 29 2004, 09:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-zeez gtp@Jul 29 2004, 08:48 PM
ron, you are the only person that when you post stuff, i have no idea what the hell you are talking about, but i am glad you know what you are doing  :D
Yeah, I'm a little scatterbrained. Now I either am epoxying my washer tank back together, or I need to learn plastic welding fast! I also made an expansion tank out of a stainless steel kitchen canister. Too bad tonight I burned a hole through it welding a mounting stud. The canister is a little thin...but it looks killer. [/b][/quote]
Do you ever have time to do anything with your wife? :p :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info