3800 Its official, im dangerous

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Well despite the battery probelm....Yea the Dana-Batt doesnt work....Seems that there isnt enough contact area on the terminals or something. But even if thats the problem it didnt even click and there was 12.94vdc....

So I think Scott is going to take this one back....Any sugestions on the batt would be appreciated. What a bonner..

Anyway with the old batt and alot of charging this thing is a holy terror. I took it out for a couple very local heat cycles and some part throttle rips. To the bar.... I can see the stall is nice and the tranny is tight. Im going to be running it pretty conservitively for a awile until its boke in. Im going out now to fill the ice exchanger and run some taps. They im going to try the 2.8 and 2.6" pulley..

I can really feel a difference when my dump is open....I really like the DP turned out. Im hoping to take a couple days off and make the nationals...MAYBE. Is it too late to register?

I got a little tuning to do....Feels like a real low 12 sec car....Anyone what to buy a Dyna-Batt?

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Jul 28 2004, 01:29 PM
congrats Rob now you can help me with my issues.
Yes Fredo. You know your welcome any time dude...There is still alot of things left to do but im mobile now.

Whats first? I know. A-arms. Then we'll put on some TOGs and a set of my P&Ped heads....Cam. Then a 2.8" pulley and WI......YES!

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jul 28 2004, 01:03 PM
Anyone what to buy a Dyna-Batt?
i'll buy it
Im going to try it once more....I mean if its not going to work im not going to dump it on you. The only thing is im going to go with some big sounds later so im sceptical on its future performance...I let you know Miller. Its brand new. I gotta do something with the cables first.

I want a 210 amp alternater....

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by 98 gtp toy@Jul 29 2004, 03:14 PM
Good to hear that you go it up and running, Rob. Now just break it in and get to the track..... You should go to the track on...hmmmm....lets say August 14 or 15. I wanna see it running.
Copy that. I still got a little tunning to do. I have to find out why I have an irratic idle problem....Car surges. Like a vaccum leak. Any imput? I farted around with the IAC and it seems to help some. It also only seems to happen after it runs for awhile.....So thats why I havent torn in to the intake IC assembly yet. I believe it was a leak it would be surging all the time.

Anyone?

Im going though some ice though. I forgot to turn the fan on though.

I also have a little hesitation and the fuel pressure drops off fairly quick when the car is off. (sometimes)(I had Justin clean the injectors) I need to put my head to this thing...Alot of distractions.

I sort of suspect and injecter at this piont. I have to get the tap on it and take a good look. I will be getting new injectors later. I'll need them once I get my 2.6 and 2.8" pulleys next week.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by sweetness@Jul 29 2004, 07:21 PM
IIRC if the injectors are loosing the pressure when you shut off then you will get a small cloud of black smoke at start up from the pooled fuel burning off. Would probably make it harder to start too, but that is just a guess.

BC
For some reason IIRC isnt computing in my brain...? What is this? No black smoke though. I went out there this morning and I had pressure. Last night when I came back from getting some ice the pressure down with in a few hours. Weird. Im going to fart around with my tap, fuel pressure, mini af some more. I may try the starting fluid trick again aswell. Maybe there is a vaccum leak? Sure is acting like one.

And I take it back. I got the Dana-Batt to work. I had a contact problem....Not enough path for current. We all good now. .50 at good old ACE.

Back to the Bat-Cave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info