3800 Ebay fraud email today

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
eBay Fraud Investigation

You have received this email because you or someone attempted to login more than 10 times into your account with a wrong password. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

THE FRAUD ALERT ID CODE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE WILL BE ATTACHED IN OUR FRAUD MEDIATION REQUEST FORM, IN ORDER TO VERIFY YOUR CLOSEOUT ACCOUNT REGISTRATION INFORMATIONS.

Fraud Alert ID CODE:XXXXX(I took the number out)

(Please save this Fraud Alert ID Code for your reference.)

To help speed up this process, please access the following form to complete the verification of your eBay Power Safe account registration informations :

LINK

Please Note:
If we do not receive the appropriate eBay account verification within 48 hours, then we will assume this eBay account is fraudulent and will be suspended.
The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community

We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

eBay.com, Inc.
117 W. 9th St. Suite 409
Los Angeles, CA 90015
213-955-5955 Phone
310-388-5239 Fax

Copyright 2004 eBay.com All Rights Reserved.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the User Agreement.
[email protected]

what do ya think?

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
bingo, if you were to check ANY links that you receive in emails like that you would most likely see that they are obfuscated or contain javascript or a bunch of repeating %20%20 (which are translated as spaces) then it has the real link you are going to (usually just an IP address)... I have investigated ebay scam emails (paypal, citibank, and usbank as well for that matter) pretty thoroughly...

I would log in as normal to your ebay account (using http://www.ebay.com/ and see if any error messages come up... with the way logins are handled nowadays, I am sure that they can flag your account to go to a verification page or at least let you know about the attempts when you login so that you can change your account password again...

ALWAYS follow the recommendations of security experts pertaining to passwords:

your password should be comprised of both letters and numbers and not be able to be easily guessed... that means not using part of your sign-in name or the most easily guessed passwords (sex, god, password, etc.)

the password should be long... I frequently use passwords of 11 or more characters...

plmrass

Regular
Nov 9, 2008
Originally posted by whitecav_79@Jul 28 2004, 01:28 PM
They just had this posted in MSN about two days ago...the new virus has attacked EBAY and YAHOO and another internet service, and they are sending emails like that to the subscriber, and then from there, they go into your hard drive and grab information and etc....

I think it is fake(the email you received) but I am not sure this is for the same thing.
I THOUGHT YOU LEFT ALREADY??????? :ph34r: :ph34r:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info