3800 How do you guys paint stuff on your GP's

rjaz gtp

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2008
Naperville
I painted all of these items under my car and it was easy. I just bought some high temp spray paint at Pep boys along with some clear coat of the same brand of whatever paint you choose. (Only use clear coat if you want it to look shiny) Just remove all of the items and simply paint them all along with the bolts if you want and restore them. Mine turned out nice, and they are easy to wipe down if they get dirty unlike the "stockers" if you need any further assistance let me know.

-Rich

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
I sanded all mine down with some medium sand paper first. pust several coats of high temp stuff, the stuff I used was at wal-mart in the auto section ITs got ceramic in it.

I didn't clear coat them though, they are really shiny now.

and you might wanna primer them too....i originally went from the black stock to a yellow...i used some white primer...alot of it. then yellow.

Now more recently...I sanded most of the yellow off and redid everything with a greay primer to make it a dark blue. I"ve been bored lately

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list