3800 Fuel Rail Question

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
I will be heading to ZZP in a couple of weeks to get an IC installed and to have them put in some ported manifolds and 3" downpipe I have sitting here.

I ordered some PRJ fuel rails, but there is a possibility that they might not make it ontime before my install.

My question is, If the new fuel rails dont make it in time for the install could I just have Zoomer cut my old fuel rails, and then when I get my PRJ rails remove the existing rails and install the PRJ's? How hard is it to remove the rails? Are there any special tools needed to do this job?

Thanks for any input ppl.

kazoo

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
East Peoria
Its easy to pull the rails off. There are four nuts holding it down. Undo those to remove the rail. When you pull the rail off pull it off with the injectors. Then the injectors have clips holding them on to the rail. Pull the clips off and then pull the injectors out. Then put them in your PRJ fuel rails and plug everything back in. If you have Zooomer chop up your old rail they will probably lube up the o-rings when they assemble it back together. This will make it easy to pull the injectors off the rail. Also get a set of new orings. They are cheap and if you have everything off you might as well replace them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info