3800 PCV

GTPictor

Addict
Nov 16, 2008
McHenry
I am wondering if i should put a inline pcv in my car for my new motor setup. The guy building my block says science its a daily driver i should. Putting one in is no problem but the kicker is to run a breather or not. My GM tech friend say regular cap and pcv off the rear valve cover. My motor guy says breater and rear pcv. Any info or ideas would help. Thanks

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Just run the breather and be done with it. The MP112 doesnt have a PCV capabilities anyway. You dont want to be taking any chances fabbing in a PVC cause if some thing happens(residual built up pressure) you'll be blowing gaskets and seals left and right.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
I guess.....How are you going to run it? Vaccum off the TB and just go to the PCV in the valve cover?
Ive had a little oil residue on my VC before on an oil Camero. Thats normal. I dont think its that big issue(Hale said he popped a seal) as long as you ocasionally go under the hood and wipe it. You'll probably be under the hood every day anyway.

They sell PCV grommets at Murry's. All kinds. I guess if you just drill the right size hole in the valve cover. Make sure after first couple times running your set up. Pop the oil cap off and check to see if there is any residual pressure built up. Just to be on the safe side. If there is you may need a breather anyway.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

If the exhaust is free flowing enough you can run a evacuation system that pulls vaccum from the exhaust. It worked well for me on a past car. I didn't like the idea of a vac leak with a PCV system. You need to weld in a bung at the collector, but it's a pretty simple set-up.

rob

TCG Elite Member
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jul 26 2004, 08:23 AM
If the exhaust is free flowing enough you can run a evacuation system that pulls vaccum from the exhaust. It worked well for me on a past car. I didn't like the idea of a vac leak with a PCV system. You need to weld in a bung at the collector, but it's a pretty simple set-up.
That probably would do to. My but put one on his TA...It would blow some smoke when he got down on it. Im assuming it was a litle oil. We built this thing awile ago.

Im sure Pictor isnt running a cat. The only worry I have would be that if he was it may effect its performance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info