3800 GLD tonight!!

Originally posted by horist@Jul 24 2004, 07:40 PM
sweet times jarrad!!!! :p :lol:

not bad at all for 2 minor mods on a stock GTO ... I'd offer you my Nittos... but the 15" rims they're on prolly won't fit your car (without some grinding of the calipers)
I have nittos, but I can't figure out how to stop the wheel hop from the IRS!!! lol Ill get it one of these days.

Originally posted by superchargedgp+Jul 24 2004, 09:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (superchargedgp @ Jul 24 2004, 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nitrous@Jul 24 2004, 09:57 PM
Boooooooost it Jared.
its jarred :lolsign: :lolsign: [/b][/quote]
ASS!!! LOL

the 6.0l heads flow the same as the ls6 heads, the major difference is the chamber is bigger. bigger chamber= lower compression.

These are the Patriot heads offered at Speed Inc. >>
http://www.ls1speed.com/whatsnew.cfm#enginexx5

They are the ones that suggested these heads since you are correct they flow just as good as LS6 heads if not better, but cost less.

$1799.99 isn't a bad price for heads/cam/gaskets and everything else you need. The LS6 heads alone are around $1300 for a pair last time I checked. I could have this set-up installed for around $2800.

This would be nice though >>>
:nanahump: :nanahump: :nanahump: :nanahump:

Originally posted by blitzu+Jul 24 2004, 07:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (blitzu @ Jul 24 2004, 07:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-horist@Jul 24 2004, 07:40 PM
sweet times jarrad!!!! :p :lol:

not bad at all for 2 minor mods on a stock GTO ... I'd offer you my Nittos... but the 15" rims they're on prolly won't fit your car (without some grinding of the calipers)
I have nittos, but I can't figure out how to stop the wheel hop from the IRS!!! lol Ill get it one of these days. [/b][/quote]
I had a 1972 Corvette that I ran 9.50's with a modified IRS and a 10.5" street tire. The key is a combo of shock valving, spring rate, traction bar, and toe out. I ran a HD 500 lb. spring along with Koni Drag shocks (front were 90/10, back 50/50), a custom made traction bar that went from the bottom of the differential to the nearest chassis crossmember. You also want to run 2-3 degrees of toe out so when the car squats you don't lose contact patch due to toe in.

With IRS the key is good weight transfer and rear end squat. Be careful with more power and hookup due to half shaft twist and breakage. I had to have Strange make me a custom pair of stub axles to counter axle twist.

My car hooked hard (It was also a 5 speed) with 60 foots in the 1.32 range. I learned alot about IRS the hard and expensive way but I wanted to keep my Vette stock looking.

If you need any help, let me know.

Damn! It seems you do have some experience with it :D

I might just take you up on that offer sooner than later. I am going to practice a bit more launching with the clutch. I think the key is to slip the clutch while launching and applying the gas by feel. Much harder to get this right than with my old GP..... just floor it and go :) This car confuses the hell out of me sometimes.

PM me the next time your going to GLD as it's only a 1/2 hour from my house. Also, you don't want to slip your clutch out, you just launch at a RPM that suits your traction and torque curve. With a wheelbase just under 110" it's going to be hard to get traction without good weight transfer. Your car also has a 2.97 first gear combined with a 3.46 rear and with peak torque around 4200 RPM's you need a pair of Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro's or ET Drags to get the hookup you need. You should also consider tire height as a tuning tool (Taller tire is more forgiving out of the box than a shorter tire).

Let me know if I can help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info