3800 New addition to the driveway...

• Thread starter imported_Theautoguy
  • Start date
I

imported_Theautoguy

I love it! I'll no longer have to hook the trailer up to the Regal to go pick up mulch or landscape timbers for the house! The Regal may even end up in storage for the Winter.

lightning_dr.jpg

lightning_dr_bk.jpg

lightning_dr_frt.jpg

lightning_pas_bk.jpg

So, with this in the driveway...does anyone want to by a Trans Am???

I

imported_Theautoguy

I'd recommend a 1st gen Lightning to anyone. The only real issues are you can only 2-3 people in it at one time and it gets about 13 mpg in the city and 18 mpg on the highway. I stumbled on this one by fate, if I weren't in too much pain Saturday night and couldn't sleep, I would never have found it. It's an unmolested two owner truck that the guy used to haul his Bayliner and drive to some annual event in Daytona Florida. It only has 106K miles on it I paid $4700 which is almost a steal for a truck in this condition.

There is a bigger aftermarket for this drivetrain the W-bodies since it's based on the small block Windsor motor, 351 with factory installed GT-40 heads and intake. The wish list is for 1:7 roller rockers, pulleys, CAI, exhaust and factory tube-style bumper. These items and a good tune should put it in or near the 14's. A supercharger alone would get it in or near the 13's but this is going to be the workhorse, the Regal is the speedy car in the stable for now.

Thanks for all of the compliments, it's a great birthday present from the wife. After all, she's the one who really allows things like this to happen and she was the only one who knew where the home equity checkbook was! (I think she hid it where ever she hid my balls for the past 8 years!)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info