3800 A little help

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by ThaLord@Jul 20 2004, 01:29 PM
I just got another car, and need a little help with some stuff...

I am doing a couple of things to it.. and a little unsure of some of it.. it is a grand prix... but.. it is a pre 97.. so.. maybe someone with some experience with those can give me a hand... PM me.. or call me on my cell..

thanks!!!!!

John
we (ILGPC) dont deal with pre 97s!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Good luck. CGPC is the place to find that info.

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
We? who is we? umm being that I created this and run this, I believe I have a voice in the "we" department, and I have a pre-97 now.. so.. we do deal with Pre-97's...

I don't care to hear people telling me where else to go in a condensending tone... I asked for people who are willing to give me a hand.. please let those people speak.

thanks

ThaLord

TCG Elite Member
Dec 2, 2008
Cicero
I wasn't talking about you Lisa.... you were fine.. I might go ahead and do that.. I just don't like someone else giving attitude.. because they think they are better than someone else becuase of the car they drive..

BTW.. wanna race royal? Do I have to put you in your place in that regard?? So you understand it is just a car? Wipe off your ego... and when someone asks for help.. give help, and not attitude...

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by ThaLord@Jul 20 2004, 01:49 PM
We? who is we? umm being that I created this and run this, I believe I have a voice in the "we" department, and I have a pre-97 now.. so.. we do deal with Pre-97's...

I don't care to hear people telling me where else to go in a condensending tone... I asked for people who are willing to give me a hand.. please let those people speak.

relax, relax,relax............

No problems here just kidding around. I just ment that we only have like 1-2 (real) members with a pre 97 I have no problem with you car.

I also was just saying to go over to CGPC because they have a ton of Pre 97s....Didnt mean anyharm to you or CGPC..

I think some people get a little to touchy on this board sometimes.

Joke around a little. :)

John - I'm not an expert by any means, but I'd be more than glad to try to give you a hand. If it's a '93, I'm assuming it's a 3.1, not a 3100, correct? I don't think the 3100 started until '94, when they rounded the B4U ground effects package, and re-did the interior. Anything specific you need help with/looking for info on?

As for the newer GPs being better attitude (even if this was merely joking, I know the attitude is out there with a lot of post '97 owners), with A credit, sufficient enough income, and the value of the 4 cars I have and all the expenses that selling them would free up (maintenance, modding, insurance, etc), I certainly don't have these cars due to financial reasons, which seems to be the main claim post '97 owners make on the main Club GP site as to why pre '97 owners are stuck with their cars. Perhaps some of them are, but I sure as hell am not. Keeping up with really rare cars like these is very expensive, and can be a very trying pain in the ass at times (try going to a parts store and ask for the rear tie rod for an AWD 6000, and see what they say.....after they stop laughing at you and realize that you're not crazy, such a car does exist), so there most be a better reason than "I can't afford a newer car" for this. I mean, come on. How hard is it to afford a '97 GTP???

The reason I have pre '97 GPs is because I prefer them. I prefer the looks, and the features. 14 way power seats (3-way lumbar adjustments, power headrests, bolsters on the sides hugging your torso are power, seats split down the middle by your knees to allow a different height for each thigh, etc), the massive, almost TV screen looking DIC, (which displays a calendar with the date and day of the week, a compass that revolves around the outline of the car, monitors every single light bulb on the outside of the car, maintenance schedule for oil change, trans service, air filter etc, instant MPG....quite a few things beyond what newer GPs get on the DIC), front and rear identicle bucket seats with identicle center consoles in the coupes, and yes, even the '89 and '90 turbos got HUD, that's not new technology. The list goes on. The sticker price for a fully loaded TGP (everything I just listed was standard) was around $27K, and that was in the economy of '89/'90!!!!

I'm also more than willing to bet that after I undo all the damage caused by the ignorance of the previous owners on these cars, they'll have NO problem embarrassing half the '97 and up GTPs on the streets. You'd need a decent amount of modding to take one. But stock for stock, if everything on the TGP has been fixed (and not just the parts that are completely out/broken), they'd have no trouble keeping up with, if not beating the L67 equipped GTPs. Point is, there's more to these cars than most newer GP owners realize. A lot of them just live off the notion that newer must be better. Well as you can see, that's not always the case. Both versions have their pros and cons, but neither one is CLEARLY better than the other, as so many '97 & up GP owners assume. This doesn't just apply to GPs, this goes for everything in life. People are so quick to have a certain perception without the ammo to back it. What it boils down to is; don't formulate strong opinions off of guesses, rumors, and misinformation.

Anyways, this was not aimed at anyone on this board. Just taking this oppurtunity, since the subject was brought up, to release some pent up frustration from what I've read/heard. Perhaps I'll copy/paste this the next time an argument errupts over this again on Club GP. Not that I'm going to get through to the dolts on that board. :ph34r:

Sooooo........let me know what you need, John, and I'll do my best to help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info