3800 Car club remnants?

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
Does anyone know if Midwest Racing is still doing there club thing? They used to be called Midwest V6 Racing, but changed when they started letting anyone and everything in the club. I used to be a member with my old car, but haven't talked to any of them in some time.
I also used to see guys with the window sticker cruising around here and there, but not anytime recently.
I am debating about tagging alond with some of the old guys on there next trip to Byron with my new GTP (anyone on the board who wants to set a date and come is welcome in my book).
-John

04 Silvermist. Nothing... yet. Loving the power, hating the shifts...

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Originally posted by horist@Jul 20 2004, 10:33 AM
u talking about this one?
http://www.midwestracing.net/

dunno if they're still around or not... but wouldn't surprise me if they dried up... i've heard lots of not so good things about them... and their rules are ridiculous "if you miss a meeting you're fined this much if you miss two meetings blah blah blah"
We have the same rules here. In fact all of you missed my meeting last saturday so I'm fineing everyone one beer. Next time it doubles! :lolsign:

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
I used to know the guy with the Dakota and the Grand Am. Well, actually, I knew them through my sister who used to be in the club with her old Z24. It was cool to have a V6 racing club (which was pretty much all American). We both lost interest when they started allowing anything in. Haven't talked to any of them in years.

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
God, the stuff I am reading is hysterical. I got into the club near the beginning. I know the guy with the Grand Am (Steve) and the guy with the Dakota who started it (John). Haven't talked to them in years either, but my leaving the club was a result of pretty much every ludicrous thing stated below.
The end all be all was when i heard that they let some guy with a rusty station wagon in the club. It became a click, not a car club.
Don't get me wrong, a car club can be a "clicky" but should be MORE "car-ry" than "clicky"...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info