3800 Finally got my first real job

starrGTP

Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Some of you may know, some may not but I graduated college in 99' hopping to land a good job in the law enforcement field. Moved around a bit, had a couple kids...yada yada yada I took the first thing that came along. Worked for near minimum wage for a while, then a few dollars more. Moved again and took a decent paying job, but got layed off for 6 months only to take another low paying job, same place I worked while attending college(Lumber yard). Well after turning in 2 aplications and waiting damn near 3 years I finally got the call. I start in 2 weeks and attend a police academy from Sept thru Dec to become a Dept of Revenue special agent attached to the Illinois Gaming Board. Best part is I live in Elgin and get to work on the Grand Victoria, bout 3 mins from home. Decent starting pay and state benefits . My mom started crying when I told her, that's pretty much what this job means to me and my family. It also explains kinda where I have been for the past year or so and where I am headed. Sorry to suck so bad at keeping in touch. I still read the boards on occasion, but as you can tell by my post count I certainly don't post as much as I should. Will try better. Thanks for listening.
Rob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info