3800 So whats going on with the LP IC these days?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Other than my water pump impellers imploding the other day it's great. The machining on the side where the core is welded in leaves a little to be desired. I personally think it could be milled a little better than it is and the gentleman that bought my buddy's LP intercooler also noted that and noted the fact that he had to slather on the "make-a-gasket" to get it to seal.

Other than that my onlt quivel is that the core is not easily replaced, not that I plan on failure. :)

For the price you can't beat it.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jul 19 2004, 11:38 AM
Mike, did the IC pump fail? I just put the same one on my car.
Ron, I'm hesitant to blame the pump as of yet since I was initially having some problems with air in the system and I'm sure the pump was run dry one or two times. There were little rubber crumbs in there when I pulled it apart and one of the impeller blades had broken off.

I suspect it was the running it dry that caused the problem. I replaced the impeller with the one from the other pump that I fried after 45 minutes and all appears to be well.

Poor Royal was over at my house when I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the pump was making noise but nothing was going anywhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info