3800 Intense GEN 2 LSD??

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I'm with Johnny. I'm not entirely impressed by any of the clutch style differentials available. You won't destroy a Quaife and even if you do, they replace it for free, even if it was broken while racing.

The handling benefits are cool too as the Quaife will transfer up to 81% of the power to the wheel with the most grip. This means that in turns your outer wheel will get the most power, actually tightening your turning radius.

It's truly something you have to feel to appreciate.

Royalgtp

TCG Elite Member
Dec 24, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@Jul 20 2004, 11:05 AM
I'm with Johnny. I'm not entirely impressed by any of the clutch style differentials available. You won't destroy a Quaife and even if you do, they replace it for free, even if it was broken while racing.

The handling benefits are cool too as the Quaife will transfer up to 81% of the power to the wheel with the most grip. This means that in turns your outer wheel will get the most power, actually tightening your turning radius.

Ill look into the quaife a little more ..........didnt know about replacing it no matter what. I love those warrenties......

S

sr71_rgl

Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Jul 20 2004, 11:20 AM

Ill look into the quaife a little more ..........didnt know about replacing it no matter what. I love those warrenties......
[/quote]
That's true that Quaife will replace it regardless of how it broke but can you really justify a $2000 differential when INTENSES will do about 90% of what the Quaife will for 1/4 the price? I bought a CYA back when Miker was available and actually doing installs and haven't had any problems with it. I'm not nearly as abusive to my car as Steve and JO are but I still hammer it from time to time and like the way it performs. If you must buy the top of the line try to find one used, iirc the warranty transfers with the part.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by sr71_rgl@Jul 20 2004, 11:31 AM

That's true that Quaife will replace it regardless of how it broke but can you really justify a $2000 differential when INTENSES will do about 90% of what the Quaife will for 1/4 the price?  I bought a CYA back when Miker was available and actually doing installs and haven't had any problems with it. I'm not nearly as abusive to my car as Steve and JO are but I still hammer it from time to time and like the way it performs.  If you must buy the top of the line try to find one used, iirc the warranty transfers with the part.
Sliiiight exaggeration there. :) The Quaife is $1295.00 and it's the last differential you'll ever buy.

As far as the clutch type diffs doing 90% of what the Quaife does, I'd say it's more likely about 50% of what the Quaife does. With the Quaife you don't have to have someone spotting you at the wheels to make sure both are spinning. Both are spinning. :)

One of my friendly SHO competitors has a 600+ crank HP SHO using this differential. He goes through a 3rd gear every year, has destroyed numerous tranmission cases, clutch, etc. He has never replaced his Quaife. :) We sell them for the SHO and once Quaife stops allowing vendors to have sole access to a product, we will start selling the Quaife for the 4T65-E also.

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
All I know from first hand experience on this mod is that the Quaife DIF is outstanding. Additionally, it was the first mod to the Cougar that is neccessary for adding an SC to it. What that says to me (from not only having one, but logic) is that for our SC powered cars, that the Quaife dif IS the way to go.

-Toasty John

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info