3800 Bosch 02 sensors

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I've been having a/f issues since early spring. I kept having a slow response 02 sensor code, even though I put a new Bosch sensor in last fall. I was able to make it go away by slipping a reducer from 3" to 2.5" inside my DP right after the 02, which pretty much cured it, and made the car more driveable since it did a good job of quieting the exhaust and preventing reversion. A couple of weeks ago I developed some ticking at the manifold/DP, and pulled out the reducer, the code reappeared, and my check engine light hadn't gone off since. So yesterday, I stopped in at Casper's and P/U a new AC delco 02 sensor. Code went away, idle improved, and now I have fueling control back. Just by replacing the 02, I found I was actually running lean, not rich like I suspected. I slapped on my 2.8 pulley after bumping up the fuel a notch, and no knock at all. I can't get it to knock how ever hard I try. I guess it's time to turn down the snout, the new heads are going on during next week, looks like it's time to slap a 2.6 on there. Well at least it's nice to know that it'll still run 13.40's with a 3.0 pulley, poor fuel control, and a leaking unbled IC radiator. Props to Justin for carrying the 02's for the GP crowd, Casper's sells them on thier website much cheaper than the average street price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list