3800 Fun with GLD

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's about time. :) We headed up there this evening in anticipation of watching the real street drags (which was mighty cool) and I decided that I would run my car if they had any timed runs which they did until 9:00 pm.

I pulled up in street trim, Eagle LS's (from an old GT), full interior, headlight in place. I got made fun of a lot by the announcer for my ebrake burnouts, but it was fun nonetheless.

Throughout the night I had some fun races. My first was against a 911 GT2. I spun and he almost lost it into the wall. He did a 13.5 to my embarrasing 15.8 (thank God the lights were off!). My 2nd and 3rd races were against an SS Camaro that claimed 12's but said he couldn't hook up. He was a cool enough guy. Our first run I hung with him through 1st and half of 2nd before he slowly pulled away. Our second run he beat me by .1580. My 4th run was against a 2004 Mach I. I beat him by .2208

What is kind of odd is that even though they split the slips so you couldn't see what the other driver was running, they didn't cut out the part that tells you who won and by how much. So as long as I got in the left lane I knew what my opponent was running.

My last run was my best of the evening against an older Nissan 240z that was turboed. I jumped him hard off the line and then the last 100 feet he blew by me like I was standing still. Here is my best time:

60' - 2.026
330 - 5.740
1/8 - 8.873
MPH - 78.60
1000 - 11.561
1/4 - 13.839
MPH - 98.60

My best trap of the night was 100 mph. Considering I'm boost stacking and was running full street trim, I'm happy with the times. A really long way from #1 but at least I have a reason to spend money. ;)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@Jul 16 2004, 07:14 AM
Mike, looking at your times; your a good launch and some fuel tweaking from a 13.5-6. You're going to have to get some air in and out of that engine now. 100mph trap is respectible for your mods.
Ordered headers yesterday. :)

We A-tapped it today in 89 degree weather and pulled 25 degrees of advance with 0 degrees of retard (with the exception of 18 degrees false knock when I let off the throttle).

So the car seems to be very strong. I'm happy for today. :)

I

imported_Ron Vogel

35.5/36 is normal part throttle (full timing) During WOT operation timing is limited to 16.5 in the stock computer. Not sure what the DHP is though. Realistically, 3-5 hp per degree of timing is what you gain. On a blower car you have to stay conservitive. Cammed or Ic'd cars can usually bump it up 4-6 degrees, but you have to be very careful. Boat anchors are readily made with timing advance!

jk99gtp

Addict
Nov 15, 2008
I was sitting next to him holding the ATAP so I can vouch for the timing, unless we were looking at the wrong field :lolsign:

I think it blipped around there, other than that I think he was seeing low 20's-high teens with 0 kr! Other than that weird 19.9kr spike it had for a second. GTPictor has the ATAP logs so Mike should have them to post later...

horist

Geek
Nov 10, 2008
Lake Zurich
congrats!

and about the slips... that's why you never do full runs during T&T ... and during the RSD part you only go off a flag ... (if you go off the tree... the counter is started and the win light goes off... not only can people time you.. but the tower knows what you ran... I've found out many a leaked times through the grapevine from the tower... )

so at RSD if you wanna be safe... run only 1/8 mile passes during T&T and run only off a flag during the street racing....

now if it's SCC doesn't matter... cause most of their shit doesn't work half the time anyways hehe

had a few of my buddies racing... the NHRA formula that raced the talon (got spotted out 6, barely one ... talon missed a shift) was a buddy of mine

he raced another guy later (I was buying an onion and while waiting watching a fight break out) and won too...

another buddy raced a mustang that was s/c and spraying... he lost... but not sure by how much...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Small world Mike... Tom with the NHRA Formula sold my buddy his GTP. He wanted to run me for a cheeseburger but we never set it up. :)

The EVO race was ok. It got it's ass handed to it didn't it? How about the SC300 vs. that same 240SX! Now that was a cool race.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info