3800 Another problem with the car.

Caedo

Regular
Nov 19, 2008
Ok well as many of you guys know my car basically has been parked for a long time and well now i have it out but with many bad things i have seen.
But the problem now is that at certain rpm's it seems like the suspension vibrates from the passenger side wheel. Its wierd because it only happens when i am starting to go it wont happen while the car is rolling and it only happens like at two thousand rpms but if i hit the gas and go over that it will go away. It has also done it when i am turning under low rpms again.
On a side note i replaced the half shaft from that side at LP's mod day so that isnt a problem i just cant figure it out, can it be something else other than a suspension problem? Like maybe the LSD? :unsure:

Any thoughts?? :blink:

Juan

Check to make sure that your caliper is tight and does not move. you may have a loos, missing or broken caliper bolt.
also check that the nut that holds the lower ball joint to the spindle is tight as well as the large bolts that hold the strut to the spindle are tight. Oh, and chek that the endlinks are tight as well.

I

imported_GraFFix

Sorry to say...it could possibly be the trans :(

I had something similar happening to me...I thought it was my suspension and it turned out it was my trans...

I was having wheel hop when i would accelerate slightly hard from a stop...then the front end would shake violently..if i floored the gas from a stop it would act normal and wouldnt vibrate..lol I even had my bro stand outside the car when I did it and he said the wheels were actually jumping...so I thought it was suspension...then Miker rebuilt my trans again and told me (if i remember correctly) the wheel hop was due to a faulty seal in the trans and the tourqe converter wasnt getting enough fluid pressure. so it was almost like driving a manual car with the clutch half in half out. thats why under a semi heavy load it wil vibrate but if you go over that certain RPM it is fine because its getting the pressure it needs.

Hopefully this isnt your problem but it does sound similar...Good luck bro!

Caedo

Regular
Nov 19, 2008
Graffix its funny you mention that because it was one thing i thought to be the problem.
Well i guess if it is the tranny it should just give up on me one day huh. then i have no exucess to really mod the car lol.

Well i will just have to see what breaks!!

Juan

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
I have that similar problem but it starts when i'm doing over 50mph and i know i have a ripped bushing in my passanger control arm that i need to replace. I hope it aint my trans...PLEASE dont let it be my trans i'll be buying new control arms soon and replace it hopefully that will take care of my problem. Juan did you take a look at your bushings?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list